1st Line Compliance Manager
PIB is a growing group of insurance advisory businesses. The business is growing rapidly through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market.
This is an exciting time to join PIB as we recruit for a 1st Line Compliance Manager based from any of our PIB offices across the UK. Managing a team of 3 Business Partners and 5 Quality Assurance and Compliant Handlers, the successful candidate will have strong leadership skills as well as being very knowledgeable and technical in the Insurance compliance area across personal and commercial lines.
This role carries operational responsibility for ensuring our products and how we sell them are done so accurately and compliantly. The role acts as an enabler for the business to grow and succeed and requires an individual who is proactive and focussed on delivery.
We are looking for a true leader who is passionate about delivery of good conduct and fair outcomes for customers. Supported by a strong team you will be responsible for ensuring the business delivers on it’s business objectives whilst adhering to compliance frameworks and policies, monitoring conduct and ensuring proportionate controls are in place to manage business risk. You will have excellent coaching and development skills to support the team and support career development internally.
- Accountable for supporting delivery on the Divisional R&C agenda
- Education and awareness of the importance of delivering good conduct and fair outcomes for customers across the Division.
- Create a team that helps support the business deliver on its priorities and manage escalation of compliance enquiries
- Drive greater ownership of 1st Line of Defence (1LoD) decision making through improving knowledge and expertise and developing the appropriate business tools
- Create a simple approach to tracking progress against the risk & compliance agenda
- Ensure each business is operating in line with group policies
- Ensure each business has proportionate controls in place to manage risk.
- Work with 2nd Line of Defence (2LoD) to understand the impact of changes in regulation and deliver on required activity
- Work with 2LoD to ensure 1LoD roles receive appropriate training and mentoring
- You will have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a risk & compliance role within the insurance industry
- Good level of understanding of the FCA handbook including – ICOBS, PROD & DISP
- Awareness of the Insurance Distribution Directive
- Able to build strong stakeholder relationships
- Able to simplify complexity
- Attentive to detail and accuracy
- Able to make risk-based decisions
- Able to develop others
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
about 2 months ago
1st Line Compliance Manager