In order to deliver our vision we need to be a flexible, innovative and collaborative department that connects with industry, business, research and development communities, consumers and all the other parts of the UK economy. We need to make evidence based policy decisions driven by coherent, exploitable and shared data. We need to connect with our customers, partners and other stakeholders in a business like way – embracing the full potential of the digital era. And we need to use the best modern technology to maximise our own productivity
This is underpinned by 4 strategic enablers:
1. People, skills and culture: a culture where Digital is embraced, understood and valued.
2. Partner, enable, assure: provide the tools, processes and support to empower teams to deliver quality services which meet government standards and user needs.
3. Service delivery: the design, build and delivery of services is agile - providing value for money through reuse of data and components and delivering services more quickly and effectively.
4. Continuous improvement: the ambition to continually improve is instilled in everything that we do. We seek feedback from our users and the data we capture to understand user behaviour to improve services and inform future service developments.
So we need a strong Digital, Data and Technology function that provides excellent services to the Department, enabling collaboration with our colleagues to deliver exceptional services for the consumers and businesses we serve. We currently have circa 120 posts in the team, with an annual budget allocation of circa £20m. There is an interim organisational structure in place pending the approval of a strategy that you will have the opportunity to shape and then deliver.
The Department has rolled out a G-cloud technology platform with a resilient infrastructure to provide the latest software to staff. We have only just begun to consider how we might exploit the opportunities presented by the latest technology. Therefore, we need a strong and experienced team to help both the Department and the function understand the possibilities and potential of the digital era and play a key role in the transformation of both the way we work and the services we deliver.
For further information please follow this link to view the BEIS Digital recruitment film:
About the Role
We are looking to augment the team with an Office 365 Architect who will work with the relevant stakeholders across the organisation to better exploit our investment in Office 365. The candidate will have a very strong technical foundation, a strategic mind-set, good communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with others both within the team and across the business.
The Office 365 Architect will utilise expert level experience and knowledge of Office 365 architecture, administration and best practice recommendations to assist with the design, development and deployment of new services (internally) and provide technical guidance where services are being developed by 3rd parties (externally)
About the team
The Technology Services team is tasked with supporting and developing our cloud infrastructure and application platforms. You will work with Digital & Data, Technical Services, the Business Relationship Managers and suppliers to develop and maintain our core services
● Work closely with the CTO and BRMs to:
● Understand the current and future business needs of the organisation and determine how these can be best supported by the IT infrastructure.
● Identify and promote ideas for improvement in the organisation's current IT infrastructure.
● Develop and maintain relationships with senior representatives from the organisation's strategic partners and key suppliers.
● Maintain general awareness of developments in the IT infrastructure marketplace including vendor strategies and report on their potential impact on the organisation.
● Assessment of proposed solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined technical strategy, architecture roadmap, standards and patterns.
● Verification of delivered technical solutions against previously approved architecture specifications and change requests
What we are looking for:
● Specialist in at least one and good appreciation of all technical aspects of IT systems (e.g. voice, data and/or control networks, Cloud Infrastructure)
● Experience building, configuring and administering virtual and physical MS Windows servers
● Working with cloud based environments (AWS & MS Azure)
● Has experience of making informed technical judgements and decisions relevant to this role
● Familiar with industry best practice approaches to the design, implementation, operation and management of IT systems (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL, COBIT)
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process.