Account Handler - RA
Are you target driven? Are you use to working in a fast-paced environment?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Insurance Account Handler to join our RA Insurance Broker team based at our modern new Croydon office in London. This role is a sales role predominately and will involve sourcing, converting and handling new business cases with a view to building your own book of business/clients.
This Account Handler role would suit a person who is keen to progress within insurance (who is either CII qualified or working towards), is a natural multi-tasker and well versed in insurance account handling. The role offers great progression, going from SME business, to more complex larger commercial risks. You will be commercially smart with the ability to work in a methodical way. Experience in using either Acturis or SSP would be preferred, as well as a good amount of experience in commercial lines dealing with property owners and, small commercial packages.
Location: Based in central Croydon next to East Croydon Station - means there are great transports links should you wish to travel by train, tram or bus.
As a company, PIB is a successful growing group of businesses across different elements of the insurance sector. The Group is growing rapidly both through acquisitions and by employing outstanding individuals with a wealth of knowledge and experience across the insurance market. For context, as a Group we have grown from £15m turnover in 2016 to over £120m in 2019 and we continue to expand from a wholly UK base to mainland Europe with trade reaching to Latin America.
This is an exciting time to join the PIB Group. Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees.
- Using a database of historic clients, you will be sourcing/developing a pipeline of prospects, dealing with new business end to end, as well as actioning market exercises, negotiating with insurers and closing insurance deals with clients,
- You will be converting leads for SME businesses, such as for property owners, shops, fleets hotels and combined policies,
- You will be professional, ensuring all interactions with clients and insurers meet the necessary company and regulatory requirements (both verbally and in writing),
- You will be responding to client queries, Insurers, and internal stakeholders in a pro-active manner,
- You will have high attention to detail, quality checking documentations are accurate before distributing to clients, maintaining accurate client records and data,
- You will also ensure that all necessary and required training (including the logging of CPD) has been completed to the required standard,
- You will carry out ad hoc duties as and when support is required from other team members,
- You will have a background in insurance account management with the ability to build strong client and stakeholder relationships over the phone,
- You will have at least three years experience in broking commercial lines insurance, specifically Property Owners,
- You will have experience using Acturis or SSP systems,
- You will be keen to always upskill and stay in tune with regulatory/industry updates and changes,
- You will be highly organised and have great time management,
- You will have a positive ‘can do attitude’ and will be a natural problem solver, along with a high level of attention to detail,
- Your communication skills will be at the highest level both verbally and written,
- You will be able to work to deadlines and under pressure and will be able to work as a team as well as on your own initiative,
Full Job Description available on request.
Collaboration is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that working together as one team across the Group is better for our customers, our businesses, and our employees, we offer excellent rates of pay, fantastic benefits and excellent career opportunities.
Our employee’s success isn’t measured on time spent in the office, so please talk to us about your flexible working needs. We have many sites across the UK, so whether this be working from home, logging on from another office or working part time then we would love to hear from you!
PIB Group is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application will be treated in the strictest confidence.
You may have experience of the following: Account Handler, Account Executive, Insurance Account Handler, Corporate Account Handler, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Executive, Account Management, Insurance Advisor, etc.
Account Handler - RA