We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join our Utilities team for a 12 month contract and work with us to grow our business. You will be involved in supporting the business to identify new opportunities, be part of our work winning team to drive growth within the Water Sector and mobilise the successful contract.
As the Account Manager, you will have the opportunity to design the operating model and transition the team to Amey's ways of working under our freedom to perform framework. You will be empowered to make decisions within your account, engage your teams and excel in your operational delivery for your clients and customers.
You will ideally be located around Yorkshire or the Midlands with a background in utilities or construction.
Post contract award, this role will involve.
Full P&L accountability for your workstream and ensuring safe and sustainable delivery of all programmes of work to our Client and Customer expectations. You will continually seek to apply best practice through your teams to maximise value and minimise risks and cost to the business.
- Working with the leadership team to develop, implement, monitor and review contractual deliverables for your workstream
- Working with key internal stakeholders to develop and deliver annual business objectives, plans and budgets for the account
- Managing close relationships at all levels across the Client organisation, ensuring that Amey is listening and responding to feedback and able to contribute to the Client's strategic decisions
- Actively seeking opportunities for growth outside the existing budget
- Own the P&L and delivery of the business plan(s) across the workstream
- Manage all aspects of process, staff and supply chain performance, with regular site visits and reviews against agreed targets
- Day to day cash management of the total account ensuring treasury forecasts are delivered
- Delivery and continual improvement of service excellence across the accounts through maximising efficiency and effectiveness, actively sharing best practice across contracts and seeking opportunities for profit and quality improvement
- Management of the supply chain to deliver service excellence and account profitability
- Accountability for driving a health and safety culture which ensures consistent compliance with processes, procedures and behaviours as well as continuous improvement through best practice activities
- Support and contribute to wider continuous improvement across the Utilities Division
- Maintain a leadership environment which sustains and enhances the culture of customer centricity needed to excel.
- Role model Amey's values, principles and culture across the business
- You will either be operating at an Account Manager level and/or will have gained project management skills leading programmes to the scale of £20 million
- Clear understanding of the Utilities industry and the market landscape ensuring we remain competitive and current. Your experience will have been gained within Clean Water, Civil and/or R&M
- You will be an effective leader, in customer relationship management with the ability to understand, implement and challenge commercial contracts
- Successfully mobilised and transitioned contracts to meet contractual requirements
- Ability to use tangible data to drive tactical operations and support strategic decision making. In addition, you will be able to demonstrate your ability to implement and meet targets across multiple, diverse contracts.
- Proven ability to manage, develop and motivate multiple teams.
Salary and benefits
You can be assured that by choosing us to further your career, we will encourage your talent and help you identify and achieve your goals. We'll give you everything you need to succeed - the right environment for your personal and professional growth, and help you achieve it.
Playing your part in delivering great service to our customers' gives you the chance to shine, whether that's contributing to some of the most exciting projects in the country, learning new skills or just working with a talented group of people every day. You can make a real difference to your career and the lives of the communities you work in.
What other benefits are there for joining?
Working for us on this 12 month contract you will receive a competitive salary, a company pension contribution, life assurance, bonus scheme, private medical, car allowance and a generous holiday entitlement.
You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome your application.