ActuarialAnalyst (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: London / Fareham
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a HeadOffice Actuarial team providing consulting services to the Zurich actuarialfunction across Europe and Middle East (“EMEA”) and head office team of ZurichInsurance plc (“ZIP”). Based in the UK you will participate in a range ofprojects which include Reserving, calculation of Solvency II Technical provisions,Capital Modelling, IFRS17 development and Management & Regulatoryreporting.
The varied nature of the role will requireflexibility in both type of work carried out and in location of work withpotential to support a range of local actuarial teams across Europe and HeadOffice functions in UK & Ireland. This may involve travel to businesses asrequired and where appropriate. You will also be part of the wider Head Office actuarial team, with astrong focus on process improvement projects.
Using your strong analytical skills and businessacumen, you’ll work alongside some of the most talented qualified actuariesacross Europe, as well as liaising with other areas of the business, includingFinance and Underwriting.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time.This is because we wantthe best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those peoplearen’t available full-time.
- With minimalsupervision, work on specific projects to support the EMEA Actuarial team inspecific projects, deriving, reportingand communicating results.
- Support ZIP Head team withcalculation of regulatory results and reports.
- Participate in actuarialprocess improvement activities within EMEA and ZIP.
- Providing technical adviceand counsel within the Actuarial team and to the wider Finance team, whenrequired.
- Your skills and experience:
- Qualifiedactuary, or nearly qualified and actively studying for the final exams.
- A highlevel of numeracy skills and an analytical approach to work is essential.
- Abilityto identify, analyse and optimise existing processes.
- Excellentteam-working, communication and interpersonal skills are also required.
- A seriousand professional attitude towards compliance of regulatory submissions with aneye for attention to detail in order to support accuracy.
- Enthusiastic andpositive can-do attitude.
- Ability to managecompeting priorities and driven to deliver to set deadlines.
- Adaptability and Flexibility.
We offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes –
- 12%Non Contributory pension scheme
- Annualcompany bonuses
- 25days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Privatemedical cover
- Plusmuch more!
AtZurich we will consider requests for flexible working on hiring. Many of ouremployees work flexibly in many different ways. Please talk to us at interviewabout the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000 employees serving customersin more than 170 countries we aspire to become the best global insurer as measuredby our shareholders, customers and employees. If you're interested in workingin a dynamic and challenging environment for a company that recognises andrewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions - then Zurich could bejust the place for you. The success of our business is built on thecontributions of our highly talented employees - people who work every day toposition us at the forefront of the insurance industry. We therefore look tohire great people and we encourage those people to give their best.
You’ll feel the support of being part of astrong and stable company. A long-standing player in the insurance industry, wemake every effort to address the career development needs and plans of ouremployees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we areproud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We wantyou to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and wewant our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity andinclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcomeregardless of protected characteristics.
With the above inmind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background,beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women,people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who areLGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committedto continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range oftraining and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate aboutsupporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering,charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged. Be inspired.Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.