£23000 - £25000 per annum
14 days ago
The British Homeopathic Association, founded in 1902, is a charity focussed on enabling the public to have greater access to homeopathy. This role of Administrator is vital as the post holder will help the public with queries over the phone and email and will often be the first point of contact. We are looking for someone who is professional, efficient, confident and empathetic to fill this role.
Position: Business Support Administrator
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 20 hours per week, Flexible 3 - 5 days
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 per annum
About the role:
The Business Support Administrator will provide a reception service and office administration for the BHA in order to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the organisation.
- Answer incoming telephone calls.
- Check the answering machine on arrival and respond or forward messages as appropriate.
- Liaise as needed with building operations staff to solve issues regarding shared equipment and services.
- Ensure the timely delivery, distribution and despatch of all incoming and outgoing post.
- Record details of all incoming cheques and liaise with the Finance Office to ensure that all monies are securely recorded.
- Scan documents received and forward to staff members as appropriate.
- Collate and despatch fundraising letters, invites and other materials.
- Draft letters on behalf of the Chief Executive and Operations Manager.
- Take minutes of meetings as required, including Trustee meetings.
- Monitor and order stationery.
- Review contracts with external suppliers.
- Check invoices for supplies and general services against orders made where appropriate.
- Approve all appropriate payment requests ensuring that expenditure on office supplies and administration is within budget and that any unbudgeted expenditure is approved by the Operations Manager.
- Record information and pull reports from the Raisers’ Edge database.
- Assist with organisational events as required.
- Assisting with other duties as required.
- Excellent telephone manner and customer service skills.
- Excellent time-keeping and reliability.
- Experience of office administration, with proven highly organised approach.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills (Word, Access, Excel, e-mail).
- Highly organised, proactive and flexible, with excellent project management skills and a track record of meeting tight deadlines when working in team.
- Commitment to equality of opportunities.
- University graduate would be desirable.
- Understanding of homeopathy and / or CAM would be advantageous.
You may have experience of the following: Business Support Administrator, Office Administrator, Business Administrator, Team Administrator, Administrator, Admin Assistant, Administrative Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, etc.