Air Testing Technician
Stroma Built Environment
Our suite of services covers the Pre-Construction, Construction and Post-Construction phases of a building project. Clients can choose from Environmental Consultancy, Energy Consultancy and Performance Testing services to help them comply with the Building Regulations and environmental legislation.
What you will be doing?
You will be travelling to various customer sites to undertake air tightness and ventilation tests; you will then produce reports relating to on-site testing and present the results to the client. You will be expected to advise clients on appropriate remedial options and diagnosis of potential issues in the event of test failures.
Duties & Responsibilities
• You will be responsible for carrying out all site testing in accordance with company quality manual systems and procedures which includes;
• Safe transportation of equipment to and from the test site by vehicle and manually as required
• Liaising with site agents and personnel in a professional way
• Sizing and planning proposed test approaches
• Carrying out tests in accordance with CIBSE TM23:2000, BS EN13829:2001 and ATTMA TS1, TSL1 & TSL2
• Interpreting and evaluating results during testing
• Producing ATTMA short reports using electronic system
• Undertaking defect identification where necessary in event of test failure
What you will need…
• ATTMA Level 2
• Good numeracy skills as the role involves collation and reporting of data
• Excellent diagnostic skills
• Full UK driving licence
• Existing knowledge of Building Regulations or construction industry guidelines would be beneficial
• Good IT skills and ability to use spreadsheets, email and manage files
As well as an engaging and varied day job, this role also offers a variety of excellent benefits including:
• Fully expensed work van
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Company pension scheme
• High Street discounts
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Healthcare Cashback
People are at the heart of Stroma and our staff are the foundation of this business. If you feel that this is the right opportunity for you then apply today!
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Should we receive a large number of applications, we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the closing date.
We are not looking for agency support at this time.
You may have experience of the following: ATTMA, The Air Tightness Testing & Measurement Association, Air Testing, Air Tester, Ventilation Testing, Building Services, Building Regulations, CSCS Card, Construction Operative, Labourer, Test Engineer, HVAC, etc.
Air Testing Technician