About the job
We work across the agency to build a mechanism for achieving the alignment of enterprise and solution, technology architectures to the NCA’s strategic direction.
This role will focus on the application design elements of an exciting and challenging delivery of key operational capabilities within the NCA.
As a leader in the NCA you will also:
• Lead your team or work stream effectively, through being flexible and open in thought and action.
• Communicate with transparency, involving your team members in the agency’s transformation journey.
• Role model the agency’s ‘One NCA’ vision.
• Be passionate about diversity and developing people inclusively, strengthening their ability to deliver and enabling them to grow in their roles and careers. You will actively coach and engage people, building their resilience through supporting them in their roles and enabling their wellbeing.
• Be threat led and data-driven in decision making, navigating your team members through ambiguity by making evidence and/or values-based decisions to prioritise strategically. You are proactive and ambitious on efficiencies, finding opportunities to remove duplication and standardising and simplifying where possible. Doing so, you will balance financial and people resources to deliver against changing priorities.
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
ResponsibilitiesKey responsibilities include:
• Provide strategic technical leadership and architectural design to drive forward the provision of capabilities and services that enable and enhance the business.
• Working to the Chief Architect, set the strategic direction for the development and maintenance of the applications strategy and roadmap to ensure these align with agency strategic direction.
• Establish and maintain architectural principles, standards, blueprints, roadmaps and transitions states that underpin all IT design and delivery in the NCA.
• Lead the work with projects to embed the architectural design gates within the overall governance process ensuring reference information is published, maintained and readily available.
• Maintain a broad and up-to-date knowledge of current state and emerging developments across technology areas including infrastructure, networks, applications and data; bring this knowledge and expertise to bear in the design of systems.
• Provide professional leadership and development for technical architects across the NCA.
• Manage, coach and develop staff, work cooperatively with colleagues and stakeholders to promote high-performance, and manage issues relating to the performance and conduct of officers in line with NCA values.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Making Effective Decisions
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Delivering at Pace
- Seeing the Big Picture
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- How you have led complex, large-scale application rationalisation, consolidation and migration programmes or projects.
- How you bridge the gap between the technical and non-technical; making complex technical concepts accessible to all.
- Your ability to work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs for systems characterised by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity.
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).