About the job
Enterprise Service is part of Digital, Data & Technology (DDAT). We manage the day to day operation of the NCA IT estate, ensuring the ongoing delivery of suitably assured and operational IT services to users, responding to incidents and escalations as they arise.
This is enabled through the leadership of the transition of new and changed services in and out of to the live environment and the supervision and management of the IT supply chain to ensure services are delivered in accordance with Service Levels aligned to user expectations.
In order to achieve this, Enterprise Services must take a through life approach to IT service and continually look to develop and build a team of professional and experienced IT Service Management practitioners who are suitably skilled to support a complex and varied IT estate that is evolving through the delivery of the NCA
***All NCA officers must hold SC Enhanced upon entry as a minimum. To meet the National Security Vetting requirements for this role you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 out of the past 5 years. For more information please see the Candidate information Pack***
Responsibilities• Manage a group of application support staff across multiple locations.
• Apply expertise in IT Service Management, and to lead on the implementation of ITSM processes in line with the application support function.
• To work closely with project teams to understand the DevOps approach to delivery, and to integrate differing governance and delivery models to the service.
• Work flexibly across a portfolio of applications, applying appropriate levels of control and delegation as appropriate.
• Lead flexibly within a demanding environment, and to lead the development of the application support function in line with the requirements of the service
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Experience of ITIL functions and ITSM
- Experience in DevOps
- Experience of working closely with suppliers
- Experience of applications management and the applications development cycle
All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
• Civil Service pension scheme
• 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
• Training and development opportunities
• Cycle2work scheme
We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexi-time, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).
Things you need to know
Selection process details
Sift results are expected to be released w/c 07th September 2020
Interviews will take place throughout September and October 2020 - locations to be confirmed.
Should you be successful at sift but cannot attend on the interview date(s) listed the recruitment team cannot guarantee an alternative date. Please contact the recruitment team.
Once submitted your application will be acknowledged by the Government Recruitment Service.
A panel will then assess your application to select those demonstrating the best fit with the role by considering the evidence you have provided against the criteria set out in the Entry Criteria section.
Please note depending on the volume of applications a Longlist at sift may be conducted on following criteria:
• ITIL or DevOps Certification at a foundation level
Candidates must pass this criteria for their application to be progressed.
Failure to address any or all of these may affect your application.
You will then be asked to attend an interview in order to have a more in-depth discussion of your previous experience and professional competence.
Full details of the assessment process will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
We encourage all candidates to thoroughly review the candidate pack which explains the role further before submitting an application.
If you have any specific queries about the role that is not covered by the candidate pack, please contact:
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.