About the role:
The Operations Manager is looking for highly motivated individuals who are interested in the challenging role of creating a customer service culture in an operational rail environment.
As Area Lead DTM, you’ll have line management responsibility for the DTM team and depot lead DTM at the depots of your responsibility to ensure consistent delivery of the business objectives. You will work with your team for continual improvement of depot KPI’s (safety, customer, people, profit and performance).
You should have the skills to work in a challenging and fast paced environment and provide motivation at “ground level”. You will foster, promote and embed our culture, values and behaviours throughout your team.
Based in Central Region and reporting directly to the Operations Manager (Drivers), you will help deliver key area initiatives working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels.
You should possess great problem solving and excellent communication skills. This is a demanding role in which you are under pressure to deliver in a constantly changing, highly unionised environment.
You will be directly responsible for all aspects of people management including sickness, discipline and grievances, as well as manager appraisals; and ensuring customer service excellence. You will also be responsible for holding meetings with Trade Unions to resolve local matters.
To fulfil this highly responsible role, you’ll need excellent people management and communication skills. You’ll also need:
- To be a qualified train driver (essential)
- A strong focus on people policies and management
- Sound and proven communication skills both verbal and written. Clear and concise report and letter writing ability
- Knowledge and ability to use IT programmes
- Proven leadership and influencing qualities including taking responsibility and the initiative to correct perceived shortcomings
- Ensure ownership for all customer service delivery and operational matters within your area of responsibility
- Good organisation and time management skills, able to demonstrate ability to forward plan
- The ability to manage changing priorities and challenging deadlines
For more information on this role please contact Danny (Marieek) Singh 07500098634
Benefits and Rewards:
By working as part of the Northern team, you will receive the following benefits:
• Free Travel on Northern services – for you and your family*
• 75% discount on all other Train Operating Companies leisure services*
• Pension Scheme
• A generous holiday entitlement
• Maternity and Paternity Benefits – above the statutory minimum
• Full uniform for frontline facing roles
• Employee Assistance Programme – operating 24/7, giving a wide range of advice, support and useful information for employees
• And many more!
*Terms and conditions apply
We are transforming… and we are on the lookout for smart, forward thinking and motivated people to join us on our journey. You’ll help us to grow our business during this exciting time, shaping rail travel in the North and providing our customers with a service to be proud of.
If this sounds like you, then you’re in the right place. We’ve got lots of great things planned and we need more like-minded people, contributing fresh ideas, passion and commitment to bring our vision to life. You’ll be joining a business that values its people, where hard work is rewarded, and development and progression ensure we retain and attract the very best talent.
Northern plays a vital role in the north of England by connecting tens of thousands of people to work, leisure, education and more every day. Our aim is to connect people to opportunities by providing a reliable and friendly train service. We have made significant progress since we started but there is much more that we want to achieve.
Our selection Process:
Our selection processes are designed to make joining Northern as smooth as possible, it not only provides us with the information we need to decide whether you’re the right person to deliver a great service to our customers, but also to make sure we’re also the right team for you.
Your on-line application:
The first thing you need to do is complete our online application form. It takes about 10 minutes to complete. Once we have all your details, we will be back in touch to let you know what to expect.