We are looking for an Assessment Manager to join our Qualification and Membership Team. As an Assessment Manager you will have a drive to make your mark on our sector by demonstrating an up to date knowledge of assessment including apprenticeships and experience of vocational and professional training and the wider academic footprint.
You will deliver the highest level of service to all stakeholders of the assessment production, delivery and learning materials production processes for CIPFA's membership qualification. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic team with the opportunity to implement changes and manage the e assessment platform.
Assessment Manager Responsibilities:
- Managing the production of the Institute’s assessments (exams, portfolios, projects and assignments) and of learning materials (workbooks and practice question banks), ensuring that all contractors and staff involved adhere to the agreed timetables and procedures.
- Working closely with the Head of Qualifications and Membership, ensure assessment strategy is up to date, changes are communicated to all stakeholders and implemented as agreed.
- Managing the End Point Assessment production and delivery for Apprenticeship scheme, ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations. Manage policies and procedures relevant to CIPFA’s EPA Organisation status.
- Developing assessment and learning materials production timetables, document templates and other supporting documentation, to support commissioning plans and communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Quality assuring draft assessments to ensure appropriate syllabus coverage, compliance with assessment strategies, correct application of the verb table and style requirements, correct formatting and that they are free of typographical errors.
Assessment Manager Requirements:
Ideally you will have an assessment qualification and experience working in the professional education sector. A keen problem solver with meticulous accuracy, you will have a proven ability to manage your workload when under pressure to meet multiple deadlines and will enjoy contributing to the success of the Qualification and Membership Team.
You will have line management responsibilities for one Assessment and Learning Coordinator and one Exams Delivery Coordinator, and we are looking for someone who is able to motivate and inspire the team.
The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) is a UK-based international accountancy membership and standard-setting body. We are the only such body globally dedicated to public financial management.
Contract type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 36 hour working week (normally between the hours of 9.00am to 5.00pm)
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 10% employer's pension contribution
Closing date for applications: 24th January 2021
You may have experience of the following: Assessment Manager, Education Manager, Learning and Development Manager, Accountant, L&D Manager, Learning and Development Consultant, L&D Consultant, etc.