About the candidate
The ideal candidate will have attention to detail, a logical approach to managing their day and workload and ideally have experience using Adpoint and SUN Systems.
- Entry level (CA, ACCA, CIMA) with a strong academic record
- Have the ability to communicate at all levels, both written and verbal.
- Be able to demonstrate prioritising your workload.
- Have previous experience in finance positions
- A desire to study and complete a professional accounting qualification
- Media industry experience advantageous
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong IT, Excel and Word skills are essential
- Ability to use initiative, anticipate issues and develop common sense, practical solutions to deliver high quality output to tight deadlines
Key responsibilities and accountabilities - what is delivered
- Provide support and assist in Daily, Weekly, Monthly reporting and analysis
- Allocate invoices correctly, liaising with external suppliers and customers where necessary
- Preparation of accrual and prepayment journal entries, developing in depth knowledge to provide month end analysis
- Provide ad hoc analysis to support decision making
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Contribute to a strong and effective financial control environment
- Any other duties to support the finance function
- Reconciliation of purchasing credit cards
- Provide support with budget/forecast building
- Undertake ad-hoc duties as required including completion of ONS surveys
- Produce surveys for National Statistics Office
- System updates and analysis – Adpoint/ V1/ SunSystems
- Support the preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with auditors, answering queries and providing documentation
Expected behaviours – (how the remit is delivered, add any additional required)
- Continuous Improvement – Works in a smart, flexible and focussed way, is open to change and suggests ideas for improvements to the way things are done.
- Collaboration – Builds and maintains positive and supportive working relationships with colleagues. Helps to create an inclusive and professional work environment.
- Building Capability – Keeps own knowledge and skill set current and evolving and looks for ways to continue learning to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Quality Service – Delivers high quality and efficient service and takes account of the diverse customer needs and requirements when looking at ways to improve service quality.
- Responsive Delivery - Works to agreed business goals and objectives and deals with challenges in a constructive and responsive way. Takes personal responsibility for quality of outputs.