AssistantAccountant (Part-Time, Job-Share and Full-Time)
Location: Fareham (other locations will beconsidered but must be within a commutable distance to the Whiteley office)
We are currently recruiting an Assistant Accountant to join our Financeteam in Fareham. This is a role withinour P&C Regulatory Reporting team, who are responsiblefor the accuracy and data integrity of the monthly financial close. As a member of the team you will play a vitalpart in helping the department to achieve its operational objectives and ensurethe team delivers a high quality service.
This role is available part-time, job-share or full time.This is because we wantthe best people for our roles, and we recognise that sometimes those peoplearen’t available full-time.
The role ispart of a team who are focussed on the completion of the monthly close processand delivery of all reporting for Finance. Your responsibilities will include -
- Supportingthe internal Group reporting for IFRS, Irish GAAP and Solvency II
- Balance sheetreporting, analysis, reconciliations and control
- Supportand analysis for Group financial reporting
- Support membersof the team during the close process and both promote and be involved in crosstraining
- Help identify andimplement improvement opportunities
- Assist indefining and building new reports in line with business needs
- Work closely withthe offshore team to embed new processes
- Ensure tasks performedadhere to the control framework
- Your skills and experience: Technical
- Studying for an accounting qualification
- Understanding of financial reporting and the close process
- Experience of working with people at different levels on financial issues
- Good team player and communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to provide accurate information within tight timescales
- Good level of analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to deliver a high-quality service
- Willingness to learn and take ownership
- Proactive approach
- Strong personal development ethos
- The reward:
As well as a competitive salary we alsooffer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- 12% non contributory DC pension scheme
- Annual company bonuses
- 25 days holiday plus an additional 3 volunteering days
- Private medical cover
- Income Protection
- Discounted gym membership,
- Discounted gadget insurance
- Discounted technology offers
- Virtual GP appointments
- Plus much more!
At Zurich we will consider requests forflexible working on hiring. Many of our employees work flexibly in manydifferent ways, including part-time, flexible hours, job share, an element ofworking from home or compressed hours. Please talk to us at interviewabout the flexibility you may need.
Who we are:
With about 55,000employees serving customers in more than 170 countries we aspire to become thebest global insurer as measured by our shareholders, customers and employees.If you're interested in working in a dynamic and challenging environment for a companythat recognises and rewards your creativity, initiatives and contributions -then Zurich could be just the place for you. The success of our business isbuilt on the contributions of our highly talented employees - people who workevery day to position us at the forefront of the insurance industry. Wetherefore look to hire great people and we encourage those people to give theirbest.
You’ll feel thesupport of being part of a strong and stable company. A long-standing player inthe insurance industry, we make every effort to address the career developmentneeds and plans of our employees to ensure their success in the future.
At Zurich we areproud of our culture. We are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion. We wantyou to bring your whole self to work we have a diverse mix of customers and wewant our employee base to reflect that.
Our diversity andinclusion initiatives are creating an environment where everyone feels welcomeregardless of protected characteristics.
With the above inmind we accept applications from everyone regardless of your background,beliefs or culture however we especially welcome applications from women,people from ethnic minorities, people with a disability and people who areLGBT+ as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
We are committedto continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range oftraining and development opportunities. Zurich is passionate aboutsupporting employees to help others by getting involved in volunteering,charitable and community activity through the Zurich Community Trust.
So make a difference. Be challenged.Be inspired. Be supported, Love what you do. Work for us.