About the job
The Assistant Director - Guarantees will be part of a small new team, focused on developing new guarantee products and delivering new guarantee transactions to deliver better housing outcomes. The team will work with others across the Directorate and Agency to consider how using government capacity for contingent liabilities can increase investment in, and positive outcomes for, housing.
The role holder will report to the General Manager, Products, Markets and Strategy and play an important role in meeting the corporate objectives of the Agency and delivering the Directorate business plan.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of current government housing policy.
• Maintain strong industry relationships across a broad range of stakeholders in the sector.
• Work with the Agency’s central research and information team to build a comprehensive understanding of the housing market and its multiple subsectors.
• Use research and analytics to determine the impact of our interventions, inform investment strategy and develop new products.
• Utilise the new £8bn government housing guarantees capacity, identify, design, establish and implement new products and strategies in conjunction with teams from across the Agency and wider stakeholders.
• Work with the Agency’s regional teams to establish local priorities and consider how the Directorate can support in achieving these aims.
• Conduct discussions and negotiations with potential partners to shape and develop opportunities for shared housing market interventions.
• Liaise with internal stakeholders including Risk, Transactions, Portfolio, Operations, Legal and Finance colleagues to progress new guarantee products, and guarantee transactions through the approval and implementation process.