Do you want to work for an employer that fully supports flexible working?
As a Civil Engineer at Amey Consulting you can work on exciting industry leading projects working for DfI Roads and Rivers and Liverpool City Council to name a few. You will provide support to a Senior and/or Principal Civil Engineer within a design team to ensure compliance with relevant technical standards and Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements on time, within budget and to the quality required. You will gain the experience and expertise you need to help you drive forward your chartership ambitions gaining the technical and practical experience required to become an excellent and well-rounded engineer.
What is the purpose of this role?
The Account and Location
Our Civil Engineer roles are based at our Belfast Office. The office is progressive and looking to grow, we have a wealth of experience and knowledge which will be actively shared with our Civil Engineers. The Account specialises in Highways, Rivers, Geotechnical and Structural design.
However, it's not all work, we have an enthusiastic social team to arrange out of hours' activities. We also give our staff one day off per year to support local charities / community event and we support flexible working.
What will this role involve?
To provide key support to the team in all relevant projects and activities to meet Amey and client objectives and needs. You will undertake work of a technical nature that falls within the ability and competence of a Civil Engineer and work within a team to manage existing projects and help deliver new schemes which meet the business objectives.
Furthermore, you'll also:
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant
- Undertake any work of technical nature that falls within he ability and competence
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff
- Carry out site visits and surveys and inspections as appropriate
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents in accordance with technical standards and Amey procedures
- Comply with Integrated Management System including Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and all appropriate regulations, CDM
- Prepare and check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents
- Engage in client and third-party liaison
- Keep up to date with industry best practice and where appropriate apply best practice within the team environment
- Support the preparation of bids and delivery of services on other Accounts / Contracts when required
What are we looking for?
We treat people as individuals. We want a range of abilities, from practicality and problem solving to precision and creativity. That goes for diversity too. We want a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve and value the experience that you bring to our business.
We are looking for innovative, forward thinking individuals who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders.
You'll also have:
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (CEng / IEng through ICE, CIHT or IStructE) or Training Agreement signed off and working towards chartership
Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite and relevant engineering software packages
Strong analytical, written, communication and presentation skills
Excellent teamwork skills
Significant post-graduate experience
Ability to mentor and/or coach up and coming engineers
Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
Client focused approach to service delivery
What makes this role unique?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.