Temporary to permanent basis
£8.50-£9.00 hourly rate
17.5 hours per week
Our client is looking for applicants to work within a busy mail room at their site on Wyvern Business Park, Chaddesden. This role will be on a temporary basis, start date being Monday 26th November at a pay rate of £8.50-£9.00 per hour. The hours are split into two separate shifts, morning shift - 09:30 - 11:30am, the afternoon shift - 14:45 - 16:15pm.
The purpose of this role is to provide mobile delivery of facilities support services, you will responsible for covering a range of different tasks from first attendance, to business support. The role will report to the facilities manager and full training will be delivered. Before being assigned to this role, all applicants will need to have a DBS clearance.
Duties will include:
- Receive, sort and deliver inbound post.
- Receive and deliver internally any Tracked, Special or Recorded Delivery Post.
- Collect and distribute all internal post as required.
- Collect, sort and arrange postage of outbound post.
- Receive, Sort and distribute Stationary and consumables
- Maintain accurate documentation of all assigned work orders.
- Reactive cleaning where no cleaning operative support is available.
- Reactive replenishment of consumables (cleaning and First Aid) where no cleaning operative support is available.
- Attend reactive H&S work orders and Make safe where feasible
- Reactive Minor Porterage, Furniture, Fixtures and Equipment duties (moves & changes, furniture management & moves, etc.).
- Comply fully with Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Any additional task which would be deemed reasonable in line with the working environment.
Wyvern Business Park, Staines Road, Chaddesden, DE21 6LY, the site is a 6 minute drive from Derby City Centre or 15 minutes on the Arriva bus route from Derby bus station.
The working times will be a split shift, so two visits to the site will be required. Morning shift - 09:30 - 11:30am, the afternoon shift - 14:45 - 16:15pm.
- Good understanding of health and safety requirements within a building environment.
- Confident, enthusiastic and pro-active.
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- Writing and following risk and method statements as required on a daily basis.
- Provide excellent customer service to building occupants.
- Ability to record work accurately on work sheets and computer based systems.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work within a team.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- Wanting to achieve success, for his or her self, the business and the customer.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
- Presented in a clean and tidy manner to represent the company, in the most professional manner possible, utilising the uniform and PPE issued.