4 months ago
Our Product function is the melting pot of commercial strategy, data and creative. Working across Category, Trading, Creative and Operations, they get under the skin of customer expectation to develop product strategy. Effortlessly combining emotion and creativity with data and insight to continuously improve, innovate and maximise product and profitability.
Position: Assistant Product Manager
Location: Dawson Lane, Bradford, BD4 6HN
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Competitive salary, Private Healthcare, Flexible working opportunities, Free onsite parking, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays per year, A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work / life balance
About the role:
Are you passionate about creating innovative and distinctive products? We’re looking for an Assistant Product Manager to support the Product Manager’s in the development of various fantastic products. Working on Hallmark Brand, assisting on Product lines for Tesco, Morrison’s and Co-op, you will have impact on a large portfolio of approximately £2 million. You’ll flourish as one of our Assistant Product Managers by:
- Supporting the delivery of product development on time in line with the CDP and to cost targets.
- Taking part in regular comp shops to analyse our product offering versus competitors.
- Using, interpreting & analysing commercial information and consumer insights to deliver compelling products to market.
- Understanding the manufacturing and procurement process and working with supply chain and finance to ensure margin targets are met and exceeded.
- Working closely with internal / external customers to ensure specifications are met and completed in a timely manner.
In this role you’ll get exposure to the full product lifecycle, enabling you to develop a broad spectrum of skills in this area. As an Assistant Product Manager, you’ll use your confidence and proactivity to build strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders within Hallmark. To be a success in this role, we would like you to:
- Preferably have experience as an APM or in a similar role, such as a Junior Buyer or Account Executive. Any experience within the Greetings Card industry would be highly desirable.
- Have strong communication skills and use these to clearly articulate your perspective with key stakeholders.
- Be a team player, able to work collaboratively and not afraid to get your hands dirty!
- Have good analytical skills along with financial and commercial awareness.
- Have great attention to detail and be passionate about our product.
- Have a keen interest in customer insights and key trends to continuously develop new and innovative products.
In return, you’ll enjoy working within a well-established, friendly team who are supportive and work flexibly.
You may have experience of the following: Product Supervisor, Assistant Product Manager, Product Management, NPD, New Product Development, New Product Manager, Assistant Continuous Improvement Manager, Continuous Improvement, Assistant Product Operations Manager, Assistant Project Manager, Retail, FMCG, etc.