We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey, we're proud to be the better.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To support the Project Manager in the delivery of allocated contracts, safely and in accordance with legislation and Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme.
What will this role involve?
- Support the Package Manager ensuring the duties of the NEC Project Manager are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Co-ordination of all works package activities & disciplines to ensure a cohesive plan.
- Assist in the Management of the delivery of the works package as agreed by the package Manager, ensuring that the work is carried out in a safe and effective manner to cost, to specification and to plan.
- Interface with IDP ensuring materials process to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Ensure health and safety matters are properly controlled to the relevant standards and that policy is clearly communicated and implemented.
- Ensuring that all relevant and applicable company procedures are strictly adhered to.
- To promote, through pro active leadership, improvements in Safety, Health and Environmental management in line with the objectives set by AmeyInabensa.
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure all work activities obtain the necessary approvals and that all contract, technical and administrative instructions are implemented prior to commencement of the works.
- Input to and monitor the Contract Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including financial, commercial, safety and personnel related issues, as agreed with the Account Director.
- Ensure all operations staff fulfils their potential through performance review with recommendations for developmental training.
- Proactively seek improvements in efficiency of operation to support the Amey & TFW targets through continuous business improvement.
- Display and develop in others a collaborative behaviour and culture.
- Report the progress and performance against the contract, in collaboration with the Project Manager at weekly and monthly business reviews.
What are we looking for?
- Must be able to drive, with a full current and valid driving licence
- Min HNC / HND in Engineering (or a similar approved qualification)
- Computer literacy - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook
- Understanding of Railway Planning systems
- Basic project management experience in multi-disciplinary project environment
- Satisfy requirements of PTS medical
- Health & Safety Training (IOSH)
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
- IOSH working safely
What makes this role unique?
- You will assist in site monitoring and cost control / reporting for allocated contracts in a timely manner and approved format.