7 months ago
Do you have everything you came in for? Customers in your stores will!
As our Assistant Range Manager, you are the one who ensures every shelf up and down the country has the right product, in the right pocket, at the right time in order to drive sales and delight every customer who shops your range.
Assistant Range Manager Responsibilities:
Working within Commercial, you will learn from many talented people including Merchandising, Product and Account Managers, continuously developing your working knowledge of Retail, FMCG and Supply Chain business practices. Whilst the sales forecasting will be complete for your ranges, you will be one of the final checks on your range before it hits your retailers’ shelves:
- Does it look attractive, would you shop it?
- Does each pocket have a purpose, what does it offer the customer?
- Is the range to plan, are there any changes you would make or should make the team aware of?
Assistant Range Manager Requirements:
A varied role, you will evaluate data, build physical ranges and have the opportunity to work directly with the retailer. You will need to be as successful with your spreadsheets, as you are in a mock card shop and in front of a customer, so we’re looking for:
- A self-starter who learns quickly and is always anticipating what’s next.
- An organised, team player, with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You to be ideally educated to degree level, within a business / analytical subject.
- A whizz with Excel, PowerPoint and software packages in general.
- A commercially focused, investigative mind-set, always looking for ways to increase profitability and decrease costs.
- A keen sense of what the consumer reacts to, alongside your point of view on the greeting cards industry too.
- A flair for product and being able to articulate / commentate on the product’s “reason to be”.
- You to have some experience of working in a commercial environment, ideally in a similar role or industry, for example Junior Buyer, Assistant Buyer, Junior Category Management, Category Admin etc.
About Hallmark Cards Plc:
To us, a card is never just a card. It should leave a lasting impression and make a memory last. That’s why we’re more than just card makers. We’re craftspeople. Creativity and quality are at the heart of everything we do, so whether we’re making someone roar with laughter or shed a tear of happiness, whatever we do will have our stamp on it. And because of that, we have been voted a UK Superbrand by consumers nationwide, recognizing our distinctiveness, quality and reliability.
Location: Bradford Head Office
Job type: Full Time, 12 months Fixed Term Contract
Benefits: Health Cashback Scheme, Flexible working opportunities, Free onsite parking, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, A variety of other cultural and lifestyle benefits, aimed at promoting a positive work / life balance.