Assistant Store Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a SPAR Assistant Store Manager who is motivated, friendly, hands-on and passionate about their store offering excellent service and standards to our customers. Reporting directly to the Store Manager, you will deliver maximum sales and profit through the continuous improvement of the store and staff.
Assistant Store Manager Responsibilities:
- To be fully aware of KRA’s and assist in working to deliver and improve them.
- To assist in developing a motivated and empowered team through a positive management style.
- To use relevant processes and policies to control the security of people, stock and cash.
- To ensure compliance with relevant legislation and health and food safety responsibilities as defined in the induction and period training.
Assistant Store Manager Requirements:
- APLH (Award for Personal License Holder) - must have or be prepared to undertake this qualification.
- Previous experience at a supervisory or managerial level in a food retail environment (or similar) essential.
- Basic knowledge of health and food safety and legislative responsibilities of a retail environment and the skill to manage those responsibilities essential.
- A proven track record of team and business development is desirable.
About A. F. Blakemore & Son Ltd:
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned company in the UK. This forward thinking family-owned business began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now owns 280 SPAR Convenience Stores and employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.2 billion. As one of the largest convenience retailers in the UK, we are always looking for innovative ways to create a point of difference. Many of our stores offer a wide range of food-to-go options, including; Food To Go and Daily Deli as well as a number of franchise partners to increase the choice available to customers such as Subway & Greggs.
Location: Batchley Rd, Redditch B97 6LB
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 Hours Per Week (Flexible shifts)
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Benefits: Bonus Scheme potential of up to £2,600pa, Company Sick Pay, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Life Cover, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date for applications: 11th April, 2020
You may have experience of the following: Assistant Manager, Retail, Convenience, FMCG, Grocery Manager, Supermarket, Food, Retail Management, Business Development, Food Service, Convenience Store, Store Manager, Retail Manager, Deputy Manager, etc.
£19000 per annum
25 days ago
Assistant Store Manager