About the job
The Analysis, Research & Data (ARD) team within Analysis and Digital Delivery is the lead analytical unit across Government Shared Services and Civil Service Human Resources (CSHR). We provide objective and high quality data analytics, statistical reporting and operational/statistical research. We support senior leaders, enabling the directorate and department to understand and tackle complex problems, increase operational effectiveness and develop organisational HR strategy.
This role offers an exciting opportunity to work hands-on with data relating to HR services in the Civil Service. You will work in the newly established Analytical Transformation programme. As part of this programme you will work with Cabinet Office and wider Civil Service HR analytical teams to improve how people analytics is undertaken in the Civil Service.
Your work will involve building relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders, undertaking user research and building innovative data and analytical solutions.
The successful candidate will be a joining the transformation programme and will be central to its improvement work, as well as creating innovative data and analytical solutions for internal and external customers.
The post will involve:-
• Helping to transform the analytical capability of Government Shared Services by assisting in improving technologies, skills and processes.
• Identifying areas for operational improvements in the team and developing its capacity as a core HR analytics team.
• Supporting the other ARD teams responsible for Civil Service Learning, economics and data platforms.
• Using a variety of techniques, including user research and process mapping to understand internal and external customer’s data and analytics needs.
• Analyse team’s processes and team dynamics to identify pain points and areas for improvement.
• Creating of a variety of analytical products including dashboards, ad hoc analysis and self-led insight for internal and external clients.
• Delivering insight from data using statistical and data science techniques, applying skills in coding, mathematics and statistics.
• Exploring new ways to store, process and share data, increasing our customers’ ability to self-serve to deliver analytical insight.
• Promoting the analytical transformation project work to other departments and senior leaders.
• Promoting the use of people analytics across the civil service.
• Leading working groups on data science skills and people analytics.
• Mentoring less experienced members in the team on analytical tools and techniques.
The behaviours listed below will be tested throughout the Interview process. For your application you must base your evidence on the essential criteria listed within the person specification. This is located within the candidate information pack provided.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Managing a Quality Service
- Changing and Improving