Welwyn Garden City, GB, AL7 1RR
Nestlé Cereal Partners UK
Associate Marketing Manager (12 fixed term opportunity)
Welwyn Garden City
Salary up to £45,000 depending on experience + Potential Bonus + Excellent Benefits
This is a full time, temporary opportunity but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process on what this could look like. We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Associate Marketing Manager to work as part of our Cereal Partners UK team at our head office in Welwyn Garden City. This role will report directly into the Marketing Controller for our Core Brands portfolio, and will see you work on a range of fantastic cereal brands to deliver best in class marketing activities that support us to achieve our commercial objectives.
A little bit about us
Cereal Partners Worldwide is a successful 50/50 joint venture between Nestlé S.A. and General Mills Inc. At Cereal Partners UK we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage. Our aim is simple: to provide high quality, nutritious and great tasting breakfast cereals. You could join our mission to Make Breakfast Better!
As an Associate Marketing Manager you will help define the strategy and build long-term plans for some of our key brands, specifically Go Free. You will manage all elements of the marketing mix ensuring brand equities are maintained and accelerated throughout the activity we do whilst working closely with the Marketing Manager to achieve really great results.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Delivering agreed sales and profit targets for the brands you support, working closely with our commercial teams.
- Supporting the development of a clear brand purpose and strategy, ensuring all brand activities adhere to its principles and essence.
- Supporting the Marketing Manager in the successful development and execution of the brand plans.
- Supporting the development and implementation of marketing activity across all areas of the marketing mix, working collaboratively with external agencies where needed on elements such as media planning, advertising (covering all ATL media), digital (including social media platforms), consumer promotions, PR and sampling.
- Constantly evaluating the effectiveness of marketing programmes, adjusting plans in line with learnings.
- Delivering best in class improved product formulations that are in line with the brand strategy.
- Supervising all packaging artwork changes and communication with print managers.
- Closely monitoring industry and competitor activity, to ensure plans are maintained and adapted in a constantly changing, competitive FMCG environment.
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of UK Cereals and breakfast environment including media, trade, competition and consumer behaviour to identify marketing issues and opportunities.
To be successful in this role you will already have some fantastic marketing experience under your belt, ideally within a Brand Manager or Assistant Brand Manager role. You will be passionate, tenacious; results focused and enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. Acting as an ambassador for the brand, you will have strong project management and analytical skills whilst being a conscientious team player. Pro-activity and enthusiasm are essential elements for this role. You’ll also:
- Have the ability to influence at senior levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills, targeting a wide audience from customers to internal stakeholders.
- Be able to run sizable projects and work streams from concept to delivery.
- Have prior knowledge of running multi-pronged communications programmes.
- Be able to demonstrate your experience of leading new product launches.
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of Nestlé – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 17th November 2020
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At Nestlé, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Ready to take the next step?