Bank Support Worker
Are you currently looking for a job that offers flexibility in between personal commitments or during educational study? Are you interested in gaining valuable workplace experience and making a real difference in young people’s lives? Maybe a role as a Bank Support Worker is the next step for you?
Care in Mind are currently looking for kind, caring and friendly people to join our professional team as a Bank Support Worker. Experience is not essential and full training will be provided but understanding the issues young people face in their daily life will really help to make a difference.
You will join our Bank Team on a “Zero Hours Contract” supporting our Residential Home in Preston working flexible shifts that fit around your personal life.
- Competitive pay (£9.54 p/h)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities (NVQ Level 3 in Adult Health & Social Care)
- Enhanced company pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 7 days)
- Free on-site parking
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- The opportunity for internal promotions & progression
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
Your role as a Bank Support Worker
- To carry out direct and indirect care of young people with complex mental health needs
- To work in a team, giving the highest standard of care possible to the young people.
- To closely follow individual care plans and support young people with education, shopping, and social and leisure activities.
- To carry out multiple interventions involving the delivery of care to young people
- To promote independence amongst the young people
- To provide support, advice and information to the young people, parents and other carers
- To carry out further duties as per our attached document (Writing reports, general office admin etc)
Requirements of a Bank Support Worker
- Flexibility - Your role will involve working shifts including sleep ins/weekends/Bank Holidays
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good written skills and the ability to write basic reports and record information accurately
- IT Literate (Able to write emails and use Microsoft Office)
- An understanding of the issues around confidentiality
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Ability to remain calm in emergencies, supporting others during difficult situations
- Full UK Driving Licence
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Care
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
Due to the current climate regarding the Covid-19, all of our interviews are now taking place as a Video/Audio Interview over Microsoft Teams.
Training will be carried out at the beginning of each month over 7 days covering First Aid, Safeguarding and Therapeutic Risk Management and breakaway techniques. This is paid for along with travel expenses.
The closing date for this position is Thursday 12th November 2020, so if you are interested in developing and supporting young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please ensure you apply before this date.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
You may have experience of the following: Bank Support Worker, Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Care Assistant, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP etc.
Bank Support Worker