Whitbread Court, Dunstable, Bedfordshire
£22,440pa, 10% bonus and excellent benefits
We are the UK's leading hospitality company, a FTSE 100 organisation with over 35,000 employees worldwide, and for the last 9 years running we have been recognised as a ‘Top Employer’ by the Top Employers Institute.
We have an excellent opportunity for you to join a critical element of the Whitbread business; Banking. A key team within our fast-paced finance shared services function.
As a dedicated Banking professional, this role will see you responsible for processing customer receipts and reconciling our bank statements, alongside being accountable for cash processing, transaction processing and reconciliations.
Owning successful brands such as Premier Inn and hub by Premier Inn, we have over 750 hotels and over 70,000 rooms across the UK, Germany and the Middle East. We are also proud to own over 420 restaurants across the UK including Beefeater and our newer brands Bar + Block and Cookhouse & Pub. With exciting plans to innovate and grow our core UK and international business, and always keeping our customers at the heart of what we do, there has never been a more exciting time to join Whitbread!
What you will be doing:
- As part of our highly-skilled team, you’ll master our finance systems to ensure our Banking processes are completed accurately and on time
- Collaborative in your approach, you’ll query any anomalies and ensure swift resolutions of issues
- You’ll handle any inbound queries effectively to a conclusion – escalating if necessary to the appropriate team
Why we’d love you to apply:
- For this pivotal team within the Whitbread finance shared services function, we are looking for a naturally numerate and financially-focused professional who can work effectively and collaboratively as part of a large team
- Ideally with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a finance-orientated role, the position would suit someone who is comfortable operating banking processes in as Shared Service Centre-type environment with working knowledge of finance systems and strong Excel skills
- To be successful, a confident communication style and detail-orientated nature are a must
- A solid understanding of Excel, a process-driven disposition and excellent organisation would ensure you hit the ground running
In return, we will offer you:
- A salary of £22,400pa
- Up to 10% annual bonus
- BUPA healthcare
- Optional contributory pension matched up to 10%
- Sharesave scheme and company discount up to 25% off our hotel & restaurant brands
- A collaborative work culture that focuses on enabling your success and continuing your personal development
- Free parking across our Head Office campus
- The opportunity to apply for study support towards AATs