Our client is a large University site and is looking for a highly motivated, fun loving and enthusiastic individual with a proactive approach and solid bar experience whose main role will be to help support the operational running of the Licensed Trade areas and act as Duty Manager in the absence of the Manager and to ensure the venues provide customers with an exceptional experience from a quality, value for money and customer service perspective. The hours worked will be 40 per week (term time) 26.5 per week (out of term). This is a permanent position that includes evening and weekend shifts worked on a rota basis.
- To assist the Licensed Trade Manager in achieving and where possible exceed budgeted sales and contribution targets, whilst demonstrating a rigid control of all associated costs
- To participate in staff training, rotas, recruitment and supervision of student staff
- To ensure that correct security procedures are carried out at all times
- To aid the Licensed Trade Manager in providing a safe and welcoming social environment for the Membership.
- To up-hold Strategic Objectives and Purpose.
- To be fully accountable as a personal license holder for the Students’ Guild and uphold at all times the 2003 Licensing Act principles.
How to be Successful:
- Good general education, typically to the Higher/A level equivalent
- Personal License Holder is desirable
- 1 years previous experience in a supervisory role within a pub / bar environment
- First Aid at Work certificate is desirable
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively on own initiative
- Level 2 food safety & hygiene certificate is desirable
- Employees benefit from 6 weeks annual leave.
- A contributory pension scheme.
To Apply - Simply click the ‘APPLY’ button!!!
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.