Direct Tyre Management is part of the larger NRG group and has built an excellent reputation for providing quality fleet services since its formation in 2005. We specialise in delivering flexible and compliant management solutions, tailored to your requirements.
We provide a managed tyre service for fleets of any size and for all vehicle types including cars, vans, trucks, mobile plant, agricultural and heavy machinery.
Our call centre is open 24/7 all year round and with over 2,200 tyre service centres nationwide, we are always available for planned and emergency tyre maintenance.
The company is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of its existing and prospective customers by engineering innovative and bespoke solutions for every requirement. Our people are passionate at what they do and are committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Role:
You will be responsible for coordinating the bid response process, developing and maintaining a knowledge base of ‘standard’ answers and templates, as well as identifying ways to improve the quality, consistency and efficiency of the bid response process.
To do this effectively you will need to liaise with other teams and senior stake holders to ensure submissions are made on time and to the required quality. You will also be expected to manage procurement portals and qualify leads.
Applicants must have excellent communication skills, especially written English grammar, spelling & vocabulary, combined with the ability to understand technical concepts and tender questions and provide clear concise responses whilst working to tight deadlines and challenging targets. Strong Microsoft Office skills are essential.
This role would be the ideal opportunity for an experienced bid executive looking to take the next step into a bid management role.
The role requires significant stakeholder interaction and therefore you will be required to attend DTM HQ in Skelmersdale, with flexible homeworking incorporated into movements.
You will be expected to work variable hours to meet the demands of the business to include evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays when required.
- Preparing and submitting proposals (expressions of interest, concept notes and tenders) and budgets in cooperation with internal team as well as external partners or suppliers.
- Handling timely submission of applications (digital and physical) in accordance with client stipulations, ensuring quality assurance processes are adhered to.
- Coordinate proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery.
- Take ownership of the legal/T&C review, supported by external counsel as appropriate.
- Compile, edit, and proofread commercial proposals which contain technical content and designs ensuring that these are presented in a professional and concise manner.
- Ensuring that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively pulled together from all parts of the business.
- Coordinating the bidding process and preparing bid templates.
- Compiling company project experience credentials documents, formatted CVs and capability statements, references, certificates etc for bids.
- Develop a repository of templated responses for written proposals.
- Identify business opportunities that align with business strategy.
- Develop opportunities into PQQs or tenders.
- Allocate opportunities to other team members to prepare responses.
- Act as a point of contact for customers during tendering process.
- Compliance with corporate governance requirements.
- Ensure sign-off of any significant post-tender amendments by an authorised person.
- Prepare and challenge of decisions after submission of tenders for any points where we have concern or issue.
- Confident and proficient in IT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Able to work to tight timescales particularly when developing proposals.
- Team and action oriented; proactive in prioritising own workload and assigned areas of responsibility to others.
- Able to influence assertively to get results.
- Certified to APMP Foundation or willing to work towards.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and evolve with the company’s plans.
You may have experience of the following: Bid Writer, Proposal Writer, Tender Writer, Bid Administrator, Bid Manager, Proposal Manager, Tender Manager, Bid Administration, Tender Administrator, Tender Coordinator, Bid Coordinator, Sales & Marketing, etc.