Blended Learning Facilitator Maths
We are seeking an experienced Maths teacher to be responsible for the management, coordination and delivery of GCSE and Functional Skills Maths to learners engaged in study programmes across our centres. Is this you?
Role: Blended Learning Facilitator Maths
Location: Remote, but must attend a local centre each week to deliver lessons face to face
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 per annum (dependent on experience and qualifications)
Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
The Blended Learning Facilitator will provide effective support to groups of learners through classroom delivery, supervised remote online lessons and associated development and assessment activities. This role is responsible for providing support to a variety of learners and staff to enable the achievement of learning goals. The Blended Learning Facilitator will manage and supervise the flow of learners through the programme of GCSE/Functional skills development based on an initial assessment of needs. The Blended Learning Facilitator will also support sign-up/enrolment, initial assessment and allocation of learners to courses, target setting, and progress reviews.
You would be expected to produce recorded lessons and all lesson/ assessment resources for both GCSE and functional skills lessons for supported delivery in centres which would be guided/ driven by the maths Scheme of Work and the face to face lessons you had delivered at your own centre the week before. GCSE learners would require 3 hours of delivery and FS 1.5-2 hours per week. There will be a support tutor at each centre (usually a TA or sports tutor) who will be “playing” the lesson and following the guidance provided by you in the learning plan. All resources must be ready for staff to view by 12pm on Friday and you would walk tutors through the resources in “Google meets” sessions held on Friday afternoons and Monday mornings. Learners at our network of 7 centres (including your local one) will be working under this approach.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of two years delivering GCSE/Functional Skills Maths to learners.
- Experience of successfully supporting a wide range of learners and adapting approaches accordingly
- Experience of developing inclusive schemes of work to underpin learning programmes
- Experience of working within quality assurance systems
- Ability to develop and present engaging classroom based and online content to support the delivery and achievement of identified learning goals.
- Relevant teaching/training/coaching related qualification at level 4 or above
- Demonstrable ability at Level 3 or above in personal Literacy and Numeracy
- Ability to demonstrate a successful track record of supporting learners’ progress and achievement
- Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational skills to prioritise objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to train creatively, adapting to the needs of the learners and be willing to explore new strategies
- Ability to recognise discrimination and able to demonstrate an awareness of equal opportunities
- Knowledge and ability to use and support learning linked to a variety of IT systems and processes in the working environment including Google GSuite, MS Office applications, email and web browsers
Coaching Connexions is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Coaching Connexions is committed to promoting a culture of Diversity and Inclusivity for all our employees and potential employees. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds. In recognition of our commitment, we would particularly encourage applications from groups who are currently under-represented, which are those from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities and People with Disabilities and Women.
Blended Learning Facilitator Maths