We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
Think big, create better
Amey Consulting's Highways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks.
Our teams work on both major design projects and local network improvements and undertake services on national to local frameworks; including those with Highways England Area 10,13 and 14 accounts to Wales and Borders - Amey Keolis and the Midlands Highways Alliance (MHA). We are responsible for the operation and maintenance of a wide range of major bridges and are a market leader in the engineering and smart digitally enabled asset management of major cable supported bridges.
Having won a significant new project, we are recruiting a Bridge Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of all technical and engineering aspects in relation to one of the Severn Bridges. This Principal (Band D) role will involve managing a portfolio of 20-30 projects and the supervision of c.100 professionals from the design and construction teams.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join one of the best major bridges' teams in the country, working on unique and iconic bridges. As an experienced Bridge Manager at Amey Consulting, you'll have the chance to focus on the parts of your role you most enjoy. You'll have the opportunity to broaden your skills, working closely with our Major Bridges Centre of Excellence, the South West Asset Delivery Community and alongside our client Highways England. You will also have the opportunity to actively share technical knowledge and experience with other major crossings in the UK and around the world as part of our active role within global and national bridge engineering forums.
This role will be based at the bridge offices near Bristol. Some aspects of the role could possibly be undertaken on a remote/homeworking basis with regular visits to the bridge offices.
In a typical week you will:
- Advise on the operational and structural safety, resilience and structural behaviour of the bridge
- Oversee the planning and delivery of a broad programme of complex engineering activities which will include bridge inspections, special inspections, studies and investigation, assessment and design, repairs, renewals and enhancements of highly complex bridge elements.
- Co-ordinate the overall programme and lead the interaction with the Client's technical team
- Take responsibility for the various complex access arrangements including the operation, upgrade or renewal of permanent bridge access gantries.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer (MICE/MIStructE) with significant experience at senior level on major suspension or cable supported bridges including major steel or concrete box girder decks.
- You have a strong technical background and demonstrable understanding of complex structural behaviour and analysis in relation to long span bridges including suspension bridges and cable supported bridges
- You have proven ability to plan and manage technical aspects of delivery of an extensive and highly complex portfolio of inspections, investigations, studies, assessments, design and implementation of both Capital and Maintenance Schemes in relation to suspension or cable supported bridges
- You have proven ability to provide high level advice to client on complex major bridge issues relating to behaviour, condition, safety & resilience
- You have delivered major design, maintenance or strengthening projects on suspension bridges or cable supported bridfes
- You have significant experience of bridge access gantries and other complex access systems and theiroperation, maintenance and use on major estuarial crossings
- You have experience in complex major steel or concrete box girder bridges
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your wellbeing as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers