An opportunity has arisen for a Building Surveyor to work with our Professional Services team. Reporting to the Building Surveying Manager, you will be actively involved in the delivery of numerous core building surveying duties across our education sector work.
You will work directly with clients and stakeholders, undertaking a variety of design, project management and contract administration activities, condition surveys and provide general advice on building related failures.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Preparing specifications, drawings and schedules of works.
- Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes.
- Acting as contract administrator maintaining contractual and fiscal control through to the completion of projects.
- Undertaking the role of project manager and lead consultant.
- Carrying our snagging inspections in a methodical manner in order to monitor quality and workmanship.
- Undertaking condition surveys and the analysis of building defects.
- Advising on the management and supervision of maintenance works.
- Advising clients and determining requirements by carrying out feasibility studies and budget costings.
- Processing planning and building regulations applications.
- Carrying out defect diagnosis inspections and prepare associated reports and recommendations.
- Preparing pre and post construction health and safety information.
- The preparation of education bids for schools funding including CIF and Diocese SCA.
- Supporting individual schools on a day to basis advising on school development plans, PPMs and reactive maintenance requirements.
- Complying with company rules, policies and procedures at all times.
- Carrying out reasonable tasks which may be required from time to time enabling the company to adaptable to changing markets and needs.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to high quality service delivery and have a proven track record in delivering projects against client requirements. It is essential that you hold a Building Surveying Degree or equivalent qualification. You will have worked in a similar role and ideally have experience working within the education sector and can demonstrate technical knowledge in areas such as building defects, CDM regulations and construction legislation, education design and contract management.
It goes without saying that you will be methodical with excellent communication skills both oral and written and thrive in a busy environment. You will have excellent IT skills and be competent in the use of AutoCAD.
Eric Wright Facilities Management is an innovative company delivering exceptional Facilities Management and Building Consultancy Services throughout the North of England.
Since its formation in 2002, Eric Wright Facilities Management has undergone rapid growth, with a turnover in excess of £15 million. Our Professional Services Division delivers a range of building surveying consultancy services to the education, health care and commercial sectors.
Location: Preston, Lancashire PR5 6AW
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 per week
Benefits: We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, company car or allowance, healthcare arrangements, on site gym and nursery.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd January 2021
You may have experience of the following: Building Surveyor, Surveyor, Housing, Qualified Surveyor, Maintenance Surveyor, Repairs Surveyor, Senior Building Surveyor, RICS, CIOB, Quantity Surveyor, QS, Building Regulations, etc.