About the job
Working pattern: Part-Time, Term-Time, Job Sharing, Flexible Working – real flexible working! Whether working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are very happy to discuss options with you
These are exciting times at Her Majesty’s Court and Tribunals Service (HMCTS). As an agency of the MoJ, we provide the supporting administration for the judiciary across England and Wales. Within that portfolio the Digital and Technology Services Transformation Programme (DTS) has a clear ambition to create an organisational culture where diverse and inclusive multi-disciplinary teams bring together in-house digital, data and technology specialists to build capability, work smarter and more efficiently.
As a (Part Time) Business Analyst, you will receive direction from more senior Business Analysts and be responsible for the output. You will have a limited toolset, will work with others or under supervision, and support stakeholder relationship management.
What will you be doing?
• Advise colleagues on how and why agile methods are used and be able to provide a clear, open and transparent framework in which teams can deliver
• Identify and compare the best processes or delivery methods to use, including measuring and evaluating outcomes
• Investigate operational needs or problems and assist in the recommendation of service improvement and business solutions
• Contribute to recommendations to improve services and understand the importance of evidence-based design or analysis
• Responsible for investigative work into problems and opportunities in existing and new services
• Model simple areas using established techniques and understand the purpose of this and its importance
What are we looking for?
• Have experience of working in agile, including an awareness of agile tools and how to use them
• Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
• Can make decisions within agreed parameters
• Good communication skills
• Have the ability to see outside of the process
What can we offer you?
• A generous pension scheme on average of up to 22%
• 25 days leave, plus 8 bank holidays, plus 1 privilege day usually taken around the Queens’ birthday
• 1 additional day of leave for every year you work, up to a maximum of 5 extra days
• Flexible working; whether it’s working from home or remotely, working part-time, job sharing, or working compressed hours, we have people doing it and are happy to discuss options with you
• Access to great training and development through Civil Service Learning and the dedicated Capability Team
• Great maternity, adoption, and shared parental leave, with up to 26 weeks leave at full pay, 13 weeks with partial pay, and 13 weeks further leave. And maternity support/paternity leave at full pay for 2 weeks, too!
• Bike loans and secure bike parking (subject to availability and location)
• Season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, and eye-care vouchers.
• Up to 5 days paid leave per year for voluntary work you may wish to undertake
• We also currently have employee-run networks for colleagues of minority ethnic origin, employees with disabilities, those with caring responsibilities, women employees, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender employees with which you will eligible to join
HMCTS Digital & Technology Services (DTS) is creating a place in which it is great to do work and part of our offer is brilliant training opportunities and support from expert colleagues. As well as that you’ll find flexible working, an inclusive culture and a place where your opinion is valued.
We have roles are at various levels/grades. Please hit apply and member of our recruitment team will be in touch to discuss the role in more detail, answer any questions you might have and advise on next steps!
Further details can be found in the downloadable Job Description
ResponsibilitiesPlease refer to Job Description
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Making Effective Decisions
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options to enhance your work life balance
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
• Annual Leave
• Public Holidays
• Season Ticket Advance
For more information about the recruitment process, benefits and allowances and answers to general queries, please click the below link which will direct you to our Candidate Information Page.