What we do
UKEF helps UK companies:
• win export contracts by providing attractive financing terms to their buyers
• fulfil contracts by supporting working capital loans and guaranteeing performance bonds
• get paid by insuring against buyer default
UKEF can support exports for any size of company and across all sectors, from capital goods to services and intangibles such as intellectual property.
UKEF operates under its own Act of Parliament: the Export and Investment Guarantees Act 1991 (as amended). In performing its functions, UKEF operates with autonomy within the financial objectives and policies set out in a standing consent from HM Treasury.
Helping exporters win contracts overseas
UKEF can give overseas buyers attractive long-term financing that makes UK exporters’ offering more competitive by allowing buyers to spread the capital costs.
We provide support through:
• 100% unconditional guarantees to banks lending to overseas buyers to source from the UK
• Lending directly to overseas buyers
• Supporting capital market refinancing
UKEF can offer an additional source of longterm funding, with repayment typically over 2-10 years, but longer for certain sectors e.g. up to 18 years for renewables. We can provide finance for up to 85% of contract value, and support is available in a range of currencies.
Our international origination team works closely with DIT and Posts overseas to identify appropriate opportunities.
The Business Insight Centre sits within our Finance Division and is responsible for supporting the decision making and progress evaluation processes of UKEF to assist it to achieve its business goals and objectives.
This is achieved through a mixture of regular and ad hoc information, report and dashboard management, the creation of bespoke self-service BI solutions and analytics along with close co-operation with the IT development team to enhance and extend our enterprise data warehouse. The goal of the team is to build a Business Insight centre of excellence and continuously enhance and extend UKEF’s ability to support its customers.
About the Role
The Business Insight Centre (BIC) is team of 7 strong professionals seeking the additional resource of Business Intelligence Analyst to support deliver of the key objectives of the Business Insight Centre.
The BIC is responsible for the definition, creation and delivery of BI/MI solutions, the provision of analysis, insight and information as well as interaction with all areas of the organisation to support the management and improvement of the UKEF loan and insurance business and the achievement of its objectives. One of which is to improve UKEF provides modern and efficient services to our Customers and wide community and able to generate own MI and Analytics using best in class infrastructure and platform. BIC team leads articulated long-term vision, designed roadmap to build modern services to generate data and provide analytics. We need to refine the Roadmap and kick-off work to design business and technical solutions and provide digital capabilities in the BI space.
To facilitate the development of required output, leads an engagement with business and technical stakeholders, we require bright, success driven individual to help Business Insights Centre and UKEF steer Digital agenda and enhance MI Services.
In order to address these challenges, we are looking for someone with a good balance of Business analysis and Business intelligence skills who has the capability to excellent stakeholder management skills and able using various techniques and tools gather requirements for BI/MI solutions, for future demand and catalogue/document them, design TO-BE processes and data need (including data models) and perform a gap analysis where necessary, liaise with technical, development (at all levels) and internal ETL teams to get the data available for MI purposes.
This role would suit to someone who is passionate to improve existing skills and experience in data analysis and business intelligence areas. Who is proactive in acquiring new skills and knowledge to progress in turning data into actionable insights that move the business forward and help us to better understand and be more relevant to our customers; and has a numerate/statistical background, a strong analytical and logical mind-set, and be passionate about the value of data analytics in today's business environment.
As a Business Intelligence Analyst, you should have a proven track record of delivering business intelligence reports, creating dashboards and analysing existing environment in order to provide effective solutions designs for Capability improvements. We are looking for someone to provide knowledge, expertise and support to depots, departments and customers by way of analysis and reporting, ensuring that information is accessible and available for business consumption.
We are looking for someone with advanced SQL knowledge and Cognos Reporting solutions (and preferably SQL server 2012/2016, primarily SSRS but SSIS and SSAS are also desirable). As a Business Intelligence Analyst, role requires a knowledge of data warehousing concepts, definitions and how to build one to best practice and the ability to check the data warehouse system for integrity, quality and accuracy.
It is anticipated that the post holder will not simply provide reports and dashboards in response to requirements but will add value to the resolution of business queries and problems through the ad-hoc and proactive analysis of the available data.
It is expected that the post holder will liaise with all areas of the UKEF. You will gain a good working knowledge of the underlying business processes and data systems to be able to give advice on ways to ensure that data is fully populated, accurate and timely.
Responsibilities• Advises the business and executives on how BI (processes, practices and technologies) play a critical role in improving business management and optimisation; designs organisation-wide “views” and custom reports.
• Hold workshops, elicit requirements, document the TO-BE process and perform a gap analysis, create a data model and other documentation (with appropriate version control and liaise with internal ETL teams to get the data model built and generate the report suite in Cognos Reporting Suit (versions 8 and 10) and using MS BI Stack (including SSRS, SSAS and PowerBI).
• Identifying business needs and issues by fostering relationships with key stakeholders across Senior Executive team, Operations, Risks, Marketing and Business teams through holding workshops, elicit requirements, document the TO-BE process and perform a gap analysis for MI/BI Capabilities and Services.
• Translate business demand into set of documents, technical specifications for Development team, data models for ETL processes industry standards for documentation controls, versioning and approvals.
• Building and enhancing data models and visualisations for MI/BI Solutions. Ensure the modelling is done in conjunction with Data Architecture principals and governance defined by ITD and EA.
• Assist BIC team in developing tools and processes focused on improving the insight and analytical capabilities of the business (including optimisation of data gathering, data transformation and insights preparation).
Please refer to the information for the full list of responsibilities.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Managing a Quality Service
- Working Together
- Making Effective Decisions
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- A short presentation- a topic determined by UKEF and will need to be prepared in advance.