Diaverum currently operate more than 20 kidney treatment centres in the UK. We work in close cooperation with NHS Main Renal Units and deliver dialysis and associated renal services from our network of facilities across the country. As the leading independent renal service provider in the UK, we are fully focussed on patient care, and our objectives are closely aligned with our NHS partners.
We are a leading Private Healthcare Company and essential to this role is a drive to support our clinical teams in delivering high quality care.
Position: Business Administrator
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire (Commutable from Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead, Watford, Harpenden & surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £20,000 per annum
About the role:
An exciting opportunity is available to join a busy, patient focused Operations team as a Business Administrator. For those interested in a career in Business Admin, Operations, Procurement or Finance, this opportunity provides the successful applicant with a thorough understanding of a cross section of the functions in a business which support the delivery of care to patients. It's a great way to start out in your career where you will gain highly valued skills and work in a fun and dynamic company.
Your role will provide key support activity to the UK Operations team so that we can ensure Diaverum remains the provider of choice for patients. The Operations team consists of the clinical teams in locations across the UK, 3 Area Managers, Facilities Manager, Operations Analyst, Lean Operations assistant and Operations Director. Your key contact will be the Lean Operations Assistant and they will support you with training, advice and workload management.
- Be the first point of contact regarding day to day Operations queries, escalating where appropriate.
- Assist in creating and updating suppliers on SCM system.
- Manage the supplier feedback process, including the collation and storage of meeting minutes.
- Undertake Purchase orders for National purchasing and FM only contracts.
- Act as a point of contact for clinics with purchasing and delivery issues, escalating to the appropriate person.
- Support the smooth implementation of new contracts by raising required purchase orders.
- Maintain operations management information and general files.
- Manage the operations email inbox
- Assist operations team with ad-hoc projects and duties as required.
- Confident, professional and courteous telephone manner.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Minimum of 5 Standard Grades / National 5s at level 3 or above including Maths and English.
- Sound problem solving and time management skills.
- Ideally, you will have worked in an office environment before, but a passion for what we do and a willingness to learn are equally important.
- Previous administration experience within a busy environment.
- Able to build effective relationships with line managers and employees in all levels of the business.
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Systems.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional, confident and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
You may have experience of the following: Business Administrator, Business Support Officer, Business Support Assistant, Administrator, Office Administrator, Administration Assistant, Administration, Admin Assistant, Admin, Office Manager, etc.