Business Support Officer (Applications)
Please note that applications for this post must be received by end of day of 1st November 2020.
Interview date: 6 November 2020
This is a full time, fixed terms (til 30 April 2022) post working 37 hours a week, Mon to Fri. This post is Grade 2; £19,966 per annum.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic team player to work within our planning registration team. You’ll play a key part in ensuring that the initial stages of the planning application process are accurate, efficient and customer focused.
The main duties of the post are:
1. transferring applications received online to an internal images drive
2. downloading applications from the planning portal
3. validation and registration of planning applications
4. collecting, opening and distributing post within the service
5. recording of correspondence on Ocella, our internal database system, including applications, pre applications, amendments, appeals, enforcement notices and tree works
6. logging planning enquiries onto Ocella
7. processing tree work applications
8. responding to and allocating emails within the general registration mailbox
9. process consultations relating to planning applications
10. assisting with general administration duties when necessary undertaking any other duties appropriate to the role and grade.
For further and full details, please download the job description that is attached to this advert.
It is important to save the online form as you go along because the form WILL timeout after 30 minutes and all of your work will be lost if you have not saved the form.
The council is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post.
Please assume that if you have not heard from us by the interview date then you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
If you are invited to an interview, please note that we do not reimburse costs for your travel or other expenses that you incur. The interview will be virtual using Microsoft Teams.