Civil Service HR Recruitment Operations is currently hosted by Cabinet Office.
We support departments, functions and professions across Whitehall in recruiting for multiple or expert roles in campaigns that often span across several departments. Our work varies enormously as we flex between dealing with campaigns where we are searching for professionals in scarce or hard to recruit markets through to campaigns that attract large volumes of applicants.
We are looking for an energetic individual to join the team who shares our passion and excitement about the work we do on behalf of the Civil Service and who relishes the opportunity to be involved in a growing and evolving team, developing themselves as the team develops. Does this sound like you?
To set a benchmark of best practice in recruitment and selection for Government.
• To provide a seamless and flexible customer experience
• To be at the leading edge of assessment and selection techniques and digital developments
• To meet business requirements with efficient, effective and value for money solutions
• To provide a great and evolving candidate journey
• To be the recruitment provider of choice.
What will I do as a Campaign Delivery Officer?
As a Campaign Delivery Officer you will work closely with a Campaign Manager to support the delivery of a recruitment or multiple recruitment campaigns on behalf of the department(s) that you have been assigned.
You will build good working relationships both internally (with your team and peers) and externally across the Civil Service. You will gain an understanding of your customer’s end to end recruitment needs and support the successful delivery of each campaign.
You will provide expert and comprehensive recruitment advice (both internally and externally) for a range of vacancies from AA – Grade 6. You will ensure that all recruitment activities are consistent with employment law and relevant policies and procedures, including the Civil Service Commissions recruitment principles and Baseline Personal Security Standards.
You will have a key role to play in providing support to vacancy holders, which include tasks like producing candidate packs, reviewing and publishing adverts, organising assessment centres and ensuring candidates are eligible to work in the civil service by undertaking the appropriate pre-employment checks.
Once you develop in the role, we’d be keen for you to get involved in reviewing team progress and developing improvements.
Campaign Delivery Officer activities include:
• Line management responsibility;
• Providing professional and expert recruitment advice;
• Communicating both verbally and in writing to internal and external stakeholders and act as the single point of contact when needed;
• Assisting with advert drafting and creation of candidate packs;
• Liaising with our resourcing partners to identify the most appropriate attraction strategy;
• Using social media including LinkedIn to target candidates;
• Publishing vacancies on the appropriate websites;
• Ensuring workflow is managed appropriately within your team to support the effective delivery of recruitment campaigns to agreed Key Performance Indicators;
• Organising and delivering assessment centres, including producing professional materials, booking rooms and ensuring candidates and assessors attend the right place at the right time;
• Monitor and respond to candidate and vacancy holder enquiries;
• Pro-actively managing risks and issues as they emerge during campaigns and escalating where appropriate;
• Developing a “one team” ethos by working flexibly across teams to support colleagues;
• Responsible for ensuring your team meet the requirements of customers from a range of Government departments.
There are a variety of services that we offer where you may be expected to carry out the full range of activities and you must demonstrate flexibility.
In order to be successful in this role you will:
• Strive to produce work that is of the highest quality and look for ways to help others;
• Have strong communication and interpersonal skills both oral and written;
• Be a strong rapport builder who is able to establish relationships with others (within the team and internal/external stakeholders) quickly and easily;
• Be proactive, taking ownership and accountability for decisions and commitments;
• Have a focus on continuous improvement with an ability to solve problems and take setbacks in your stride and;
• Have strong planning and organisational skills.
Your work will be varied and may involve travel and overnight stays. You will need to be able to demonstrate flexibility to deliver at pace and be someone who your team can really rely on.
Finally, we are a forward-looking team and so you will need to be too. You’ll embrace change and be eager to learn from it to develop professionally and grow in your own role.
Do you consider yourself a talented individual who can achieve all of this, developing yourself and our team along the way? If so, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please take time to read the attached Candidate pack for further information about this role and the recruitment process
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Managing a Quality Service
- Developing Self and Others
- Delivering at Pace