£8.72 to £9.01 per hour
about 1 month ago
You will join us in an opportunity to treat clients with the greatest care and respect in order to gain their confidence and trust.
Care Worker Responsibilities:
• Carry out the day to day delivery of the team’s home care service in compliance with Health and Safety and emergency regulations and procedures as well as the Company’s operational policies and procedures. To deliver such services as personal care, assistance with mobility, food preparation, cleaning, help with independence and duties outside the home such as shopping and escorting as and when required.
• Comply with and follow the client’s Care Plan to deliver care packages and to update and maintain any necessary records such as daily diary sheets and to comply with the Company’s call logging system at all times.
• Maintain awareness and knowledge of up to date operational issues and methods by attending training opportunities as and when required and to refer to and to comply with the Company’s Home Care Code of Practice.
• Treat clients with the greatest care and respect in order to gain their confidence and trust. To effectively liaise with other employees of the Company and with key stakeholders such as social services staff, other professionals involved in the care plan and the client’s friends and relatives and to comply with the Company’s dress code at all times when on duty.
• Attend a weekly review in the care office to discuss the progress of each case and to ensure any complaints or concerns about clients are shared and reported.
• Adhere to Health & Safety and Care Standards at all times.
Care Worker Requirements:
• Willingness to learn relevant new skills. NVQ2 or 3 in Care.
• Relevant training such as food hygiene, health and safety, first aid or vulnerable adult procedures.
• Experience Experience of working with or dealing with people Previous experience delivering care.
• Previous experience working with elderly or vulnerable adults.
• Personal Skills Reliable and trustworthy with a commitment to working flexibly and extended hours if necessary.
• At ease dealing with elderly and vulnerable adults staff with a warm, approachable and friendly manner.
• Effective team player.
• Literate and numerate.
• Other Checkable stable employment history.
• Able to work at least one evening or one shift at weekends, perhaps on rota if necessary.
• Available to work Bank Holidays, and Christmas and/or New Year periods.
• Enhanced DBS clearance. Owns own vehicle and is mobile
• Competencies (see Interview Guidance Notes – Form 1e)
• Able to understand and comply with Care Plans and their requirements.
Salary: £8.72 to £9.01 per hour
Type: Full Time and Part Time, Permanent
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Care Staff, Residential Care Worker, Challenging Behaviour, Social Care Worker, Community Services, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant etc.