Caretaker Working Supervisor
Position: Caretaker Working Supervisor
Salary: £24,110 - £29,467 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: South Manchester & Cheshire
Benefits: Include fabulous, new, modern office environment, great pension options, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, option to buy and sell, flexi days, fantastic learning and development opportunities, savings club, cycle to work scheme and much more
About our company:
Great Places Housing Group is not your average housing association. We are a forward-thinking, profit-for-purpose business that works hard to improve the lives of residents in our 19,000 homes across the North West and Yorkshire.
Our work doesn’t stop at our customers’ front door. The surplus we make is invested back into the business to fund building new homes and to provide a full range of support services for some of the most vulnerable members of society including the homeless, young parents, older people and those with mental health needs.
We are extremely proud of our dedicated, passionate and friendly colleagues who live our values and work hard to make a difference every day. Working for us you will be part of something special and in return, we offer a competitive package with a range of enhanced benefits, and learning and development opportunities to help you achieve and exceed your potential.
About the role:
Reporting to the Caretaker Manager the Caretaker Working Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, safety and repair to our estates, blocks and schemes through the supervision of our Caretaker team. You will work within the Repairs team but also closely with colleagues across the Customer Services Directorate to ensure we offer attractive places to live and work for our customers and the wider community.
To oversee the day to day work of the regional Caretaker team delivering a range of scheme and estate based services in Great Places neighbourhoods, ensuring customers receive a high quality, responsive and cost effective service, which offers value for money. To offer support, knowledge and expertise to the regional Caretaker team, to ensure they have the skills required to deliver the service. To work in collaboration with the Neighbourhood Services Managers’ and colleagues from across the Customer Services Directorate / wider organisation, ensuring we offer safe and attractive places to live and work for our customers and the wider community. To deliver high quality services inline with the principles contained within the Service Delivery Framework. To act as an ambassador for Great Places with customers and stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in Customer Services Directorate to deliver estate based services in line with the Service Delivery Framework.
- Oversee the day to day management and supervision of Caretakers and ensure regular and good lines of communication with your team e.g. team meetings, Toolbox talks etc.
- To provide technical advice to the Caretakers as required and identify training needs, providing feedback to the Caretaker Manager about training and upskilling requirements.
- Assist with the allocation and monitoring of workloads via the PDAs and Axis, assisting Caretakers to plan and prioritise their workloads e.g. compiling and managing, cleaning schedules and scheme / estate visits, maintenance jobs.
- To be present on site with the Caretakers to ensure quality services are being delivered and to provide feedback or challenge as required.
- Deliver site or scheme inductions and training to new starts or visitors in accordance with company policy, Health and Safety and risk management.
- Ensure appropriate Health and Safety checks are carried out and risk assessments are in place, and communicate to Caretakers about their obligations around working safely to protect themselves and customers.
- To review and order materials and equipment required by the Caretakers to enable the team to carry out their roles effectively.
- To carry out block cleaning to a high standard and in accordance with the appropriate specification, including but not limited to; sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, polishing in all communal areas, cleaning of handrail, balustrades and light fittings, and the removal of cobwebs.
- To demonstrate a proactive approach to fly tipping, recording details of any “hot spot” areas, and investigate the possible perpetrators, challenging customers accordingly, and notify the Neighbourhood Services Manager of reoccurring issues / persistent offenders.
- Responding to customer queries when out and about on site / in accordance with GPHG service offer and contractual requirements of external contractors.
- To ensure schemes, blocks and surrounding areas are kept clean and tidy, and free of rubbish, litter, sharps and any other drug litter, in accordance with training and relevant policies or procedures.
- Record, collate and review data and costs relating to bin skims, fly tipping, time spent at each scheme and waste deposal. Consider finding in relation to productivity and service charges.
- To report any items of disrepair, damage or areas which required exceptional cleaning to the Neighbourhood Services Managers’.
- To carry out any minor repairs or proactive maintenance in communal areas, including but not limited to; light bulbs, flush and clean gullies and drains, removal of weeds from hard standings / path areas, jet washing, painting / touching up of walls.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant H&S, environmental waste management and monitoring arrangements.
- Report any apparent breaches of tenancy agreement to the Neighbourhood Services Managers’, including but not limited to; noise, nuisance, subletting, uncontrolled pets, dumping of rubbish and abandoned vehicles.
- To ensure comprehensive and timely records are kept of customer contacts and actions.
- Where given use of a company vehicle ensure that this is kept clean, all relevant paperwork is completed and any damage / accidents / incidents are reported in the correct manor.
- Ensure tools, cleaning equipment and plant allocated to the Caretakers m is maintained in good working order, by cyclical inspections and ensuring regular servicing.
- Wear uniform as supplied and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) where necessary.
- Educated to a minimum level 2 in English and Maths.
- IOSH Management safely as a minimum (desirable).
- Cleaning and Support Services Skills Level 3 (desirable).
- Institute of Customer Service qualification, CIH qualification (desirable).
- Experience of working in a Caretaker / Cleaner role or similar role is desirable.
- Experience of working is a supervisory / lead role is desirable.
- Experience of implementing and maintaining a health and safety aware environment ensuring safe working practices and risk assessments are adhered to by all.
- Experience delivering training / coaching and tool box talks.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment, with a proven ability of delivering a high standard of customer service.
- Experience of cleaning and achieving a high standard of clean using different products and techniques, appropriate for the environment, and an understanding of the use of different cleaning chemicals and their associated COSHH regulations.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office and other IT systems / programmes.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Experience of basic repairs / handy man duties within the following trades: Joinery, Plumbing, Plastering, Tiling, Electrical, Painting and Decorating.
- Full driving licence.
- Ability to lead a team as well as work autonomously.
- Motivation to work in housing services environment, and an ability to form personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to work flexibly and when needed outside normal working hours to ensure service continuity.
- Willingness to work unsociable hours and Bank Holidays.
You may have experience of the following: Site Supervisor, Caretaker, Facilities Management, Property Management, Facilities Supervisor, Property Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor, Health and Safety, H&S, Handyman, etc.
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
£24,110 - £29,467 per annum
11 months ago
Caretaker Working Supervisor