6 months ago
We are looking for someone motivated and determined to undertake responsibility for maximising retail sales and profit through the control of defined mission & category information and data, and the creation of cluster range strategy proposals via the range review process.
Category Merchandising Manager Responsibilities:
- Maximising the total retail estate space as a sales and profit driver through effective, customer-focussed range design and layout.
- Developing the Spaceman reporting system in order to provide reports for both Trading and Sales teams.
- Managing product accuracy within Spaceman via supplier information.
- Producing accurate planograms with appropriate ranges, profiles and dimensions.
- Communication of planograms via appropriate media.
- Adherence to range review schedule.
- Category range review presentations at range review meetings.
- Continuous review of space-planning processes and procedure to ensure maximum efficiency and delivery of the Proposition Team’s key responsibilities and accountabilities.
Category Merchandising Manager Requirements:
- Holder of a Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
- Educated to degree level preferred but not essential.
- High level of numeracy and analysis ability is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience in a retail head office environment essential.
- Previous space / category management experience (ideally the use of Spaceman) is essential.
- Good Category knowledge and understanding is essential.
About A F Blakemore & Son Ltd:
You will be joining a forward-thinking family-owned business which began life in 1917, growing from humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.2 billion. A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is the 44th largest privately owned business in the UK.
We are committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity.
If you have the desire to help drive and determination for supporting the Proposition team then this could be the role for you!
Location: Willenhall or Talbot Green
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Very Competitive
Closing date for applications: 14th February, 2020
You may have experience of the following: Category Merchandiser Manager, Wholesale, Merchandiser Manager, Merchandising, Retail, Category Manager, Merchandiser Supervisor, Category Supervisor, Budget Management, etc.