Role: Centre Assistant
Hours: 20 hours between 10:00am – 14:00pm Monday to Friday (occasional work out of normal business hours)
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Who are we?
Citibase operates a rapidly expanding and diverse nationwide network of business centres offering flexible workspaces to entrepreneurs and businesses. We give our Customers the flexibility, independence, ‘Freedom at Work’, and support to create, grow and enjoy running their businesses in our centres.
We’ve been going from strength to strength for 25 years to cement our position as ‘The Property Manager for the New Economy’. We’re currently experiencing a sensational period of growth as the flexible officing revolution continues to disrupt the traditional office market. Our unique Client management model connects building owners (Clients) with occupiers (Customers) to generate cash from underutilised office space in all types of buildings from Aberdeen to Brighton. Citibase is creating a positive alternative in the business centre market.
What are our values?
Our values shape our culture and guide us how we go about our daily business to support our purpose and ambition.
The purpose of Citibase is to make a sustainable profit from unleashing the potential of buildings and people.
Our values are Smart, Supportive, Prudent, Straightforward and Responsible. We expect all our employees to live our values in everything they do at work. Our values make us who we are.
What will you do?
The Centre Assistant's primary responsibility is to maintain the business centre in a clean and presentable manner at all times with specific focus on ensuring that all risk mitigation measures identified in the Covid Secure Office risk assessment are in place at all times.
The Centre Assistant will also support the Centre Manager by carrying out ad hoc duties.
We want someone exceptional who can focus on:
Delivering a Covid-19 compliant centre
- Perform cleaning duties working to an agreed cleaning specification and schedule to ensure all areas comply with the Citibase Covid-19 protocols.
- Take part in training on all cleaning equipment, materials and approved chemicals used within the premises
- Ensure correct chemical usage and storage, and ensuring equipment is well maintained and safe for use.
- Monitor stock levels and re-order to maintain sufficient levels of cleaning supplies
- Ensure the availability of personal protective equipment (PPE) in accordance to COVID-19 standard and practices
Health & Safety
- To have a comprehensive understanding and work to the Citibase health and safety policy and processes
- Complete all iAuditor checks and resolve any issues within acceptable timeframes
- Management of the accident book and the reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses Compliance with RIDDOR
- Review and update as necessary the emergency evacuation procedures
- To have an understanding and work to policies relating to statutory H&S obligations
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly health and safety reports are completed, and any issues identified, reported and escalated
- Identify potential safety or maintenance issues and log for resolution
- Strict monitoring of contractors to ensure enhanced safety and hygiene protocols and social distancing measures are adhered to
- Ensuring all reactive works are completed on time and agreed to contractual standard
- General administration and coordinating of contractors for planned works
- Uphold the highest standards of cleanliness, safety, and conduct across the Business Centre
- Clean all “high frequency touch points” across the Centre on a regular basis during the day and in line with the centre specific risk assessment
- Conduct pre-event inspections of all Meeting rooms and show offices prior to a Customer viewing or meeting room booking
- Handle and maintain a proactive approach to managing facilities and contractors on site
- Oversee customer moves smoothly and in line with customer requirements
- Ad hoc duties such as administration tasks as and when required by the business
- Previous cleaning experience is desirable
- Minimum Grade C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Confident user of Microsoft office 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Fire Marshal
- First Aid at Work Certificate
Key skills/behaviours required for this role:
- Planning and organising
- Passionate about delivering exceptional cleanliness and a Covid Secure environment
- Have a flexible approach to this new role
- Follow company health and safety policies at all times
- Able to work efficiently and independently with minimal supervision
- You must be hardworking, reliable and motivated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Take great pride in the standard of your work
- You need to work well as a part of a team but also stay self-motivated
- Have a can-do attitude
What will we offer you?
- £9.61 per hour
- 33 days Annual Leave (including Bank Holidays)
- Discounted Private Medical Insurance Cover
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Insurance
- Payroll Giving
- Cycle Scheme
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual Flu Jabs
- Eye Tests
- Training Support Package
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption, Shared Parental and Paternity Pay
- Annual Professional Membership Subscription
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available interview slots. We therefore highly recommend early applications.