A Chef de Partie is required for a well-established Education site near Brighton. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the smooth running of the high volume kitchen, catering for staff, pupils as well as guests. The role will be predominantly 5 out of 7 days per week with every other weekend off, daytime hours, no late nights and all straight shifts- 40 hours a week.
Chef de Partie responsibilities:
- Assisting in the maintenance of high standards in Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- To assist at special functions from time to time or as required, some of which may occur outside normal working times.
- Assisting the Head/Sous Chef in the provision of food to the agreed standard within the budgetary limitations and the standards.
- To carry out various preparations, serving and cleaning duties in the establishment under the direction of the management team.
Chef de Partie requirements:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- NVQ or City & Guilds Chef Qualifications are essential.
- Fresh food background catering for big numbers including banqueting and functions.
- Your own transport will be required due to the rural location of the site and early starts.
- The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The reward – Chef de Partie:
- A free lunch when on duty
- Contributory pension scheme
- Very good working hours on straight shifts that will allow a strong work/life balance.
- £10,30 per hour on 40 hours per week contract with any occurring overtime being paid.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please click the “APPLY” button.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.