Chef - Eating Disorders
Are you an experienced Chef interested in a career where you will make a real difference in young people’s lives? Do you have a knowledge of food hygiene to an intermediate level? Are you interested in a 14-hour, part time contract? Maybe a career as a Chef with Care In Mind is the next step in life for you...
Care in Mind provide residential services for young people aged 16-30 years old who have been discharged from psychiatric inpatient stays or secure children’s homes. The young people we care for often require a high level of support and dynamic approach to risk management in order to support problems they may have with self-harming, behaviour and emotional regulation. Our aim is to support the young people using a therapeutic approach to live in a non-secure community setting and to achieve their individual goals in preparation for transition to adult life.
We are excited to announce the opening of our new Residential Eating Disorder Service based in Lostock, Bolton, where we are looking for a Chef with experience working within a Healthcare, Residential, NHS, or School environment. You will support the team to provide a high-quality service to our young people with eating disorders, ensuring safe and nutritious food is prepared.
Your week will consist of working 14 hours per week over a 7 day rota from 10am - 2pm (3 days week 1, and 4 days week 2).
- £10.43 - £11.53 p/h (Dependent on experience & qualifications)
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays pro rata (Rising to 27 days holiday pro rata plus bank holidays with service)
- Enhanced company pension
- Life Assurance (2 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Paid Induction (Running over 3 days)
- Paid Enhanced DBS check
- Employee Assistance Programme / 24-hour Counselling Service
- Online shopping discounts, free eye tests and various other benefits
- Excellent Learning and Development opportunities
- Refer a Friend Scheme (Up to £500 per referral)
- Regular social events and recognition schemes (‘Employee of the year awards’, Summer & Christmas parties)
- Free on-site parking
Your role as a Chef
- To plan and prepare meals following strict meal plans directed by the dietetic assistant
- To ensure the correct portioning, labelling, and packaging of food items in line with food safety standards.
- To make the most efficient use of provisions and equipment to minimise waste
- To receive and store food and other goods, ensuring they are of the required specification and quality
- To prepare, cook and store meals for service users and staff, in accordance with standardised recipes and all preferences relating to dietary requirements, food allergies and intolerances
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to prepare food for patients and/or staff using both cook/chill products and fresh produce, and to be able to check temperature levels and be aware of the Food Temperature Regulations
- To follow health and safety guidelines carefully and alert your manager immediately of any concerns relating to health and safety issues.
- To attend all relevant courses, in-service training days and statutory annual updates in line with Care in Mind policies.
- To comply with Care in Mind’s Equal Opportunities Policy
- To always maintain confidentiality in accordance with the agreed policy.
- To demonstrate empathy and sensitivity to others that is non-judgemental and shows respect for their beliefs, values and culture.
Requirements of a Chef
- City & Guilds 706 Part 1 & 2 in Catering Services, NVQ in Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent qualification
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience of working as a Chef/ Cook in either a Healthcare, Residential, NHS, or School environment
- Good verbal communication skills and the ability to listen to others
- Good IT skills and the ability to write emails and use Microsoft office
- An Understanding of the issues around confidentiality and safeguarding
- The ability to form and maintain professional working boundaries between staff and service users
- Able to work shifts within 24 hour/ 7 days per week rota (including some bank holidays)
- Full, clean UK Driving Licence and access to a car
- Previous experience of working with young people who have mental health needs
- Previous experience of supporting service users with eating disorders
- Previous experience of supervising a team
If you are interested in joining an enthusiastic, motivated business who thrive in developing and rebuilding young people and young adults with complex difficulties then please submit your application by Friday 12th February.
To support our commitment as a COVID-19 Secure employer, all of our interviews will be held over video platform.
Care in Mind operates a safer recruitment process and as part of this process the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunities employer who values diversity and positively encourages applications of all ages from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close the advert early, should we appoint a suitable candidate.
£10.43 - £11.53 per hour
about 2 months ago
Chef - Eating Disorders