I have an exciting opportunity for a Chef Manager to join a team at a sites in Thatcham, Berkshire.
The role is for a contract catering company that provides a fresh food service, wholesome, seasonal and nutritious food to a high standard.
This is a permanent position.
- Chef/Unit Manager
- £27,000 per year
- Working Monday to Friday, 7am to 3:30pm
- 40 hours per week.
- A degree of flexibility is required to cater to the needs of the unit.
This role would suit a head chef in contract catering looking to take a step up the ladder or a strong sous chef from a hospitality background that wants to get into a contract catering.
The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude and have experience in cooking innovative and on trend meals. The focus is on the preparation and serving of fresh food for up to 70 customers daily. You will have the opportunity to put your own ideas on a plate and develop the food offering.
- Have experience working for a contract catering company or working within a restaurant.
- Experience in cooking from fresh ingredients is essential.
- Take the lead in managing and training a team working with you.
- Be highly organised and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment.
- Ensure you and your team have high standards of food hygiene and follow the rules of health and safety.
- Keep up standards of hygiene and ensure all areas are clean and tidy.
- Ensure that waste of all food items during food preparation is kept to a minimum.
- Have good financial understanding.
- Be creative and innovative when designing menus.
- Have good food and retail presentation skills
- Have experience managing a team.
- Working hours are some of the best you'll find in catering - the company are strong believers in work / life balance.
- Pay rates are extremely competitive.
- Free meal on shift.
- The working environment is fun and inspiring, with excellent career development opportunities.
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we can only respond to applicants with relevant work experience.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.