A great opportunity to make your mark and join our fabulous team Holyrood Princes Dock private day nursery. This is a well-established and state-of-the art setting located in the city centre of Liverpool.
Chef – Nursery Setting Responsibilities:
• Prepare lunches, suitable for children from birth – 5 years, following nursery menu and catering for special strict dietary requirements.
• Maintain levels of stock appropriate for menu requirements.
• assist with distribution and portion control and promotion of healthy eating.
• Follow and maintain the budget as set out by the Nursery Manager.
• Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene including a neat and tidy appearance, perspiration control and removing all nail polish and jewellery
• Cook and store foods with a high standard of hygiene.
• Wear appropriate protective clothing whilst in the kitchen.
• Correctly store and label all foods fresh or frozen.
• Safely dispose of all kitchen waste and to maintain the cleanliness of all bins for foodstuffs.
• Maintain safely all kitchen equipment including the cleaning and washing of crockery and cutlery.
• Ensure that the nursery staff follows good levels of hygiene whilst in the kitchen by wearing protective clothing and strictly observing hand washing routines.
• Maintain records required by law for Temperatures (CookSafe, Setting the Table) and COSHH.
Chef – Nursery Setting Requirements:
- Food Hygiene Certificate and knowledge of COSHH
- Experience working within a care setting (desirable)
- Catering Certificate (desirable)
About Bertram Nursery Group ltd:
Bertram Nursery Group provides inspiring childcare and education throughout the North West of England and Scotland. Our teams are friendly, fun, and dedicated to making every day special. There really is no better time to join our ambitious team. We’re growing fast and are passionate about developing our people and we recognise individual’s potential through promotion opportunities.
Each of our 42 nurseries are unique and offer a variety of activities and opportunities to encourage child development in fun and stimulating environments which makes us the perfect choice for parents. From the board room to the baby room, our amazing, passionate, enthusiastic, and committed teams put children first at all times and pride themselves on delivering high quality childcare and early years education.
Location: Holyrood Princes Dock, Liverpool, L3 1DL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent, 30 - 40 hours per week
Benefits: Competitive Salary, Uniform, Discounts on childcare, Ongoing training and support, Progression opportunities within an award winning company.
You may have experience of the following: Chef, Food Preparation, Catering, Catering Worker, Food Hygiene, Assistant Chef, Sous Chef, Assistant Chef, Demi Chef De Partie, Nursery, Early Years Education, etc