It is really important that our team feel safe when coming to work. We are taking extra precautions in all of our homes, including having freely available PPE, enhanced cleaning, strict hand hygiene, daily temperature checks for all team members and access to the latest information and training. As well as this, we always ensure that we are working in line with the latest Public Health England guidelines. More information on COVID-19 and our commitment to our staff and residents can be found on our website.
Chef – Hemel Hempstead, Herts
St Pauls Care Centre is an 88 bedded care home with friendly team where you are sure to always receive a warm welcome. We support elderly residents with a variety of care and nursing needs and the home is located within a delightful residential area in Hemel Hempstead, just a short walk away from the town centre and with access to the main bus routes.
We are currently recruiting a Chef to come and join our team on a permenent, part-time basis. The successful person will be responsible for providing nutritious meals to all residents on a daily basis, adhering to any specific dietary requirements that the residents may have and ensuring food purchased is fresh and within budget. You will be expected to work with the care team to ensure that our residents’ dietary and nutritional needs are met and that their requests are recorded regularly and provided for where possible. We also ask you to ensure that all health & safety and environmental health standards are achieved and maintained.
Location: St Pauls Care Centre, Long Mimms, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP2 5XW
Salary: £9.50 to £10.50 per hour depending on experience
Hours: Part time, permanent
Shifts: 2 days a week, 7am to 3:30pm
We need you now, they need you always…
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme with instant cash rewards
- Great induction and on-going training
- Career progression and support in achieving nationally recognised qualifications
- Immediate start available (subject to DBS and references)
- 28 days holiday entitlement (pro-rata if part time), bank holiday pay enhancements, contributory pension scheme, free DBS (refunded upon completion of probation period), free uniform, long service awards and access to discounts from hundreds of nationwide high street and online stores through the Blue Light Card
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Independently prepare hot and cold meals for residents according to their needs and preferences
- Assist in planning seasonal menus
- Load/unload dishwasher and wash up equipment unsuitable for dishwasher
- Clean kitchen and equipment
- Collect and distribute crockery from the resident areas
- Clear tea trolleys where applicable
- Maintain a clean and hygienic environment
- Carry out any reasonable request or instruction from the Head Chef / Home Manager
- Ensure compliance with the Health & Safety Policy and regulations in kitchen and stores
- Carry out any check in the kitchen as required to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, for example recording fridge temperatures
- Report all accidents and incidents to the Person-in-Charge of the Home
- Have full knowledge of the Fire Procedures, fire escapes and a working knowledge of the firefighting equipment
- Have full knowledge of and take responsibility to ensure adherence to infection control policies and procedures of the Department of Health and the Company at all time
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Certificate in Food Safety and Hygiene
- Knowledge of nutritional needs of older people
- Health and Safety and regulatory requirements
- Positive and willing attitude
- Some experience of working in a team
Come and make a difference with the team at Westgate Healthcare! #CareWithUsAtWestgate
For more information on adult social care jobs with Westgate Healthcare visit our website westgatehc.co.uk or speak to a member of our recruitment team on 07508 907 679.
Due to a high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age."