- Excellent leadership and the ability to define the digital vision and deliver change.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills and the ability to speak with authority to senior officials and ministers.
- Complex ICT digital transformation and innovation experience.
- An understanding of the secure systems, processes, organisations and mechanisms used in a secure environment.
- Strong partner and customer orientation and ability to deliver outside formal line management arrangements.
- An ability to build, lead and manage a diverse team across different locations, encouraging innovation and fostering an inclusive environment.
- Experience directing and coordinating technical teams.
ResponsibilitiesThe post holder has wide-ranging responsibilities for both change and ‘business as usual’ activities covering:
- Growing and leading the new information/CIO team and incorporating the innovation pillar of DI;
- Leading the implementation of a Digital and Information Strategy that is transformative in its ambition and provides a data centric approach to our processes and services;
- Establishing a close working relationship with the Defence CIO and other government agencies.
- Driving information exploitation (including analytics) to enable DI outputs, driving transformation and eliciting intelligence information requirements through intelligent customer engagement;
- Acting as DI’s Chief Data Officer with responsibility for the development and execution of DI’s data strategy covering data ownership, data sources, data quality and data protection;
- Leading DI information management and interoperability programmes, projects and innovation;
- Optimise business processes to enable faster exploitation of technology;
- Championing information behavioural changes and digitisation across DI so that data and information is valued,owned, appropriately managed, quality improved and better exploited in a timelier manner.
- The role also requires considerable representative management across Defence, NATO and international forums and will involve travel in the UK and overseas.