We deliver forward-thinking solutions for the world's biggest asset owners, transforming the places where we live, work and travel. Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original thinking, then turning it into a reality. We arrive at better answers because we ask better questions.
From complexity comes simplicity. From better thinking, better solutions.
The Trafford Highways Consulting account provides the local highway authority function on behalf of Traffic Council. It comprises approximately 40 engineers, technicians and support staff and is organised into three teams dealing with Traffic, Development Control & Drainage and Highway Maintenance (including highway structures).
The account has a significant forward work programme of projects including:
- Highway structural maintenance schemes
- Highway drainage improvement schemes
- Maintenance and improvement of highway structures
- Integrated transport, public realm and road safety improvement schemes
- Traffic management schemes
- Greater Manchester Mayor's Cycling and Walking Challenge Fund projects
- Highway improvements funded through developer contributions
- Carrington Relief Road
What will this role involve?
To provide support in Highways Development Management which will include planning application responses, undertaking of highway and drainage design checks for S278 and S38 works along with the site supervision and support with public rights of way.
Key responsibilities are:
- Undertake detail design checks on highway and drainage improvement schemes,
- Provide, assistance in producing S278 and S38 legal agreements,
- Undertake site supervision of highway and Drainage improvement works,
- Provide assistance with Highway responses to Planning Applications,
- Assist in the update of the definitive map and statement,
- Undertake technical design work including the production of electronic drawings using AutoCAD and other related software.
- Take ownership of and resolve problems
- Provide technical administrative support including project administration
- Prepare technical reports for both internal and external purposes.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external business partners, customers and clients
- Assist with continuous improvement in the services provided by the team
- Assist less experienced colleagues ensuring compliance with pre-defined standards
- Take ownership of personal development in order to build professional capability
- Plan and prioritise own activities to ensure effective utilisation of time
Who are we looking for?
We want to hear from you if:
- You will ideally have a higher education qualification in civil engineering and four years proven experience.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD, and ideally MicroDrainage
- Ideally experience of either working at or with a Local Authority
- Experience of working on both Local Authority and developer led schemes as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Civil Engineering design to DMRB standards and Sewers for Adoption
- Understanding of the CDM Regulations
- Experience of Highways Development Management,
- Knowledge of public rights of way,
- Technical/Business Skills:
- Play a supporting role to the Principal Engineer
- Ability to work to tight timescales and budgets
- Team player
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Flexible and enthusiastic in approach
- Developing and motivating self and others
- Well organised
- High level of computer literacy including competency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Building excellent customer and client relationships
Our rewards make us better people here at Amey Consulting. If you're happy, you'll think better. It's a simple formula but one that puts your well being as a top priority, that's why we've worked hard to build a reward and benefits program that puts you first, including;
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Amey Rewards Portal including healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers
Working for Amey?
Our success comes from a practical approach. We pride ourselves on solving complex challenges with original, real-world thinking, then turning it into a reality. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. It's what makes a career with us unlike any other.
We value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be you, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges.
You'll work in a team that is open-minded and where every idea will count. You'll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.