Wardell Armstrong (WA) is a successful multi-disciplinary consultancy with 12 offices throughout the UK employing approximately 500 staff. At the heart of our business lies a group of outstanding people. Working together with clients, we deliver solutions to challenging problems in Property & Development, Infrastructure & Utilities and Mining & Minerals.
Position: Civil Engineer / Technician
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 5JL
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Benefits: Membership of the Firm's Group Personal Pension Plan, with Employer's contribution of up to 5%; Flexi-Time Working Schedule; Payment of relevant professional subscriptions; Ongoing training and development including Chartership; 24 days annual leave per year; Membership to the Firm's Private Health Care Scheme; Inclusion in the Firm's Permanent Health Insurance Policy; Inclusion in the Firm's Life Assurance Policy given as 3 times annual salary; Mobile Phone with inclusive tariff including personal usage; Long service awards; Cycle to Work Scheme; Travel Loans; Recruitment Bounty Scheme.
Closing date for applications: 29th February, 2020
About the role:
You will be expected to assist on a range of projects, at any stage of their development, from conception to completion, and take responsibility for the work you do.
The Civil Engineering team currently has a wide variety of infrastructure projects including, residential, commercial, industrial and renewable energy projects. Our work specifically relates to the civil engineering; however, you will be expected to work with other disciplines to help progress the overall project.
- Preparing plans and drawings at all stages of the development.
- Producing design drawings for technical approvals and construction.
- Prepare drainage strategies.
- Carry out Earthworks and Highway design, training will be provided.
- Preparation of reports when required.
- A degree in civil engineering or working towards.
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and disciplines.
- Someone who can analyse problems, create innovative solutions, and sound decisions in a competitive and commercial environment.
- Keen attention to detail and the drive to keep learning.
- Software Experience – Proficient in CAD and basic Civils 3D.
- Desirable but not essential – Use of Windes Microdrainage or Causeway Flow.
You may have experience of the following: Civil Engineering Graduate, Construction Design Manager, Graduate Civil Engineer, Highways, Drainage, Public Works, Pipeline, Sewerage, Structural Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Structural Engineer, Construction Engineer, Civil Design Engineer, CAD, Computer Aided Design, Civils 3D, etc.
6 days ago