An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Claims department for a Commercial Manager. This role will be of interest to analytically minded, strategic individuals, with a proven track record of driving strategic change within an organisation.
Reporting into one of our three Peril Directors, we have an exciting opportunity for ambitious Commercial Managers to join our claims team to deliver the execution of our commercial strategy. They will work with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver ambitious targets, and support our transformation into a top quartile claims function. The role can be based in either our Bexhill, Leicester or London office. We are also able to consider flexible working.
Your remit will include the following:
- Support the setting and delivery of our Peril strategies to maximize the commercial outcome. This means we pay the right amount on every claim, no more, no less
- Support the forecasting and budgeting activity for claims. This includes setting and managing 'trading' performance for a core aspect of our customer journey
- Own the commercial performance of a key component of claims; ensuring these are documented, understood, and performance measures in place to meet our ambitious objectives
- Identifying trading performance improvement opportunities, working across the matrix to deliver change
- Develop appropriate strategies to tackle any market or competitor risks, or capitalize on opportunities this brings
- Identify and develop business cases for key changes across claims that will lead to improved performance
- Develop and maintain strong and effective relationships, with stakeholders in all functions that have a role in delivering the commercial outcomes
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders in relevant operational teams to ensure strong monitoring and control of the end-to-end third party business
- Become the 'go to' person in Claims for key journeys in the overall process Knowledge required:
- Great knowledge of commercial claims, including a solid understanding of Claims and Risk Management principles and practices
- Strong commercial acumen, comfortable with the mechanics of the third party P&L and drivers of performance
- Results oriented and fast-paced - commercially-focused and able to deliver change effectively within a matrix organisation
- Innovative and driven - able to seek out opportunities to disrupt and innovate while also incrementally evolving current practices; drive to cut-through challenges to deliver results
As a growing business this role offers a great opportunity to drive change within our Claims business, meaning it will be exciting, busy, varied and challenging so a roll sleeves up, hands-on approach is an absolute must: Natural problem solver who communicates effectively to all stakeholders This is a dynamic, fast paced working environment - candidates should be comfortable working within that setting and demonstrate a proactive working style Great attention to detail - systematic approach to managing your workload Embraces opportunities to develop and learn - shows a good level of self-awareness and drive.
Benefits for you:
- Competitive basic salary which we will share with you upon shortlisting, but do feel free to email the Recruitment team for more details in advance of your application.
- Flexible working opportunities (up to two days per week working from home)
- Up to 10% bonus earning potential
- 25 days holiday
- Life assurance
- Competitive pension
- Flexible benefits - buy or sell holidays
- Discounted Hastings Direct products
- A friendly, dynamic and flexible environment with a test-and-learn culture
- Structured career path that rewards achievements and solid performance
About us Hastings Group, a FTSE 250 listed entity, is a fast growing, agile, digitally focused general insurance provider of products and services to over 2.6 million customers in the UK, employing over 3,000 colleagues. The Group comprises two trading entities; Hastings Insurance Services Limited (trading as "Hastings Direct"), a UK retail intermediary, and Advantage Insurance Company Limited, a Gibraltar based insurance underwriter. Hastings Group is an equal opportunities employer which means we treat people fairly. We welcome applications from all suitably skilled persons regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, ethnic background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. Please also note that we have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.