HIghways Claims Manager
Are you a highly numerate with experience of legal claims on Highways Contracts? Do you have expertise in highways claims?
We have an opportunity for a Highways Claims Manager to join the team in Sheffield, reporting to the Commercial Manager, to work with the legal team on liability cases.
You will be based at our Olive Grove depot with some flexibility for working from home also.
- To manage the Highway Claims and Crown Damage teams.
- Lead on the Third Party Claims costs
- To make decision on liability for Highways Claims
- Ensure Statuary Damage Claims are processed by the team within deadlines
- Advise and discuss with legal teams potential liability on cases.
- Produce month end MI for both Highway Claims and Crown Damage & production of reports
- To lead FOI process for claims
- To discuss case loads with Claims Handlers
- Having or be studying for a Degree qualification (RICS Accredited or equivalent) or RICS Associate
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Methodical style of working
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Some quantity surveying experience
- Highly Numerate
- Man Management Experience
- Sound Judgement
- Ability to deal with legal teams
- Ability to provide advice and guidance to the team
This is a band C role and offers a competitive salary, 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 37.5 hour working week, contributory pension and access to a range of Amey savings