We need cleaners to work for us
The aim of the Technical Service Team is to ensure that all public toilets are maintained in a safe condition, the facilities that we manage are run efficiently, are clean and that we ensure customer service and best practice are given priority.
The role of the cleaners is to undertake cleaning of the South and Vale public toilets to ensure a comprehensive cleaning service is provided in compliance with local procedures and service standards, agreed working practices and Health and Safety Regulations. We are looking for up to 10 cleaners to clean toilets in in Dorchester, Wallingford, Goring, Henley, Thame, Abingdon, Farringdon, Wantage Grove and Wallingford,
Key Cleaner Responsibilities:
• Perform cleaning duties as per a schedule in a professional manner and to the standards expected by the Council.
• Ability to work agreed shift patterns
• Maintain records of areas cleaned
• Awareness for Health and safety of using cleaning materials
• COSHH (Training will be provided)
• Report any incidents or accidents or graffiti
• Re-stock toilets with consumables • • You may also be asked to unlock and lock toilets as part of your working pattern
• One year’s experience of working in a similar role is desirable.
• You must be able to read safety information on cleaning materials to ensure the safety of yourself and others.
• Good health and safety awareness with regard to cleaning equipment and materials
• Willing to contribute ideas that will improve the service
• Ability to work in a team
• Valid driving licence and access to vehicle for work use is desirable
If you have any questions or just wish to find out more about these roles, please contact us.
About South Oxfordshire/Vale of White Horse District Council:
South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse District Councils are forward-thinking local authorities, based in one of the most attractive areas of the country. They are looking for a professional, competent and enthusiastic person who can communicate well at all levels. An excellent benefits package is on offer including annualised hours (flexible working) and a career average pension scheme.
Salary: £17,692 Pro Rata
Job Type: Full time and Part time, Permanent Contract – Monday to Sunday
Hours: max 37 hours per week
Location: Local areas
Benefits: A basic 24 days annual leave per annum, rising to 29 days after five years (you also have all the bank holidays to look forward to and time off between Christmas and New Year),!, Salary pay awards – most jobs give scope for a pay increase after six months or the following April (depending on your start date) and we also review salaries each April, A generous career average pension scheme which includes life insurance of three times your salary, No car park costs as there’s ample free parking available, The opportunity to purchase a bike through Cyclescheme (cheaper than directly through a store) so that you can cycle to work!, Various schemes to keep you healthy (reduced gym membership, free swims, wellbeing appointments, free eye tests for DSE users, after work sports clubs and more), We give you two days per year to volunteer within the local community
Closing Date: 15 October 2020
You may have experience or an interest in the following: Cleaner, Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Assistant, Equipment Cleaner, Equipment Cleaning, Commercial Cleaner, Housekeeping Assistant, Housekeeper, Hospitality Assistant, Janitor, Caretaker, etc.
£17692 per annum
20 days ago