Work Connexions are a cleaning company that specialise in commercial and industrial cleaning, office cleaning, as well as windows and carpet cleaning for various sized clients based in and around Kettering.
Position: Cleaning & Sales Supervisor
Location: Kettering, Northamptonshire
Job type: Part Time with the potential to become full time as the business continues to grow
Hours: 20 hours per week but additional hours will be available; Monday to Friday, weekend work will be required Salary: £10.50 to £12.50 an hour - depending on experience
- Day to day supervision of a small team of cleaning staff
- Ability to step in to cover when required if there are staff shortages or when the business is faced with any unexpected fluctuations or busy periods.
- Will be required to organise staff rota’s and keep a record of absence and holiday records
- Manage cleaning contracts in the absence of the Managing Director
- Responsible for the ordering of materials or equipment and plan ahead to ensure required levels of stock are maintained
- Dealing with customers and/or queries on a day to day basis whether this be ad hoc cleaning contract queries or following up on actions required to be taken timely in order to meet customer expectations and cleaning standards
- The post holder will be required to deal with office admin that will include filing, maintaining records and business paperwork in an organised manner.
- A key requirement for the role is the person will have a desire to come up with ideas and suggestions about how to promote the business.
- Required to make sales calls and carry out follow up actions on behalf of the Managing Director to assist with supporting and growing of the business that would lead to winning new cleaning contracts.
- There will be a requirement to attend training workshops and also to train other employees on cleaning and maintenance tasks
You must possess excellent communication skills in speaking, telephone or customer care, writing, and even in listening. As well as have good interpersonal skills. The supervisor must be someone that gets along easily with people (easily approachable) and flexible in working times.
You will have relevant experience in cleaning and supervision of cleaning procedures and staff with previous experience in working on cleaning contracts. You will have some experience in planning and managing rota’s and timesheets,
A proactive attitude is required with the ability to work independently as well as provide ideas and solutions when required.
You will need to be someone who can demonstrate experience with dealing with customers or potential new customers confidently both in person and in using the telephone and will also be able to demonstrate the ability to carry out office administration confidently.
Basic computer skills are required as some of the administration duties will include drawing up leaflets and creating staff rota’s/timesheets.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to progress further and gain more experience as the business continues to grow. If you are looking for the opportunity to take on more responsibility that eventually will allow progression to stand in for the Managing Director in his absence, then this could be the job for you.
The successful candidate will be required to participate in an out of hours rota on a rotating basis with the business owner which will be remunerated. Flexibility can be offered in terms of core hours and this can be explored further upon successful shortlisting to interview stage.
You may have experience of the following: Cleaning Operative, Cleaning Supervisor, Cleaner, Cleaning Assistant, Equipment Cleaner, Equipment Cleaning, Cleaning Manager, Cleaning, Contracts, New Contracts, Contract Renewals, etc.